When did you start following The Toon?

MyPalAl

1995, is as far back as I can remember, maybe late 1994.  I can remember liking Andy Cole and being angry when he was upset (as a 5 year old).  My first match was April 95 (v Norwich, 3-0)

I was a bigger PL sticker fan, from the 95 book, that probably helped, but didn't influence my choice.

Guest Heneage

I want to say around the time I hit 4-5 years old.

go on then

I can't remember the age though. :lol:

All I remember is my Dad had this grey sweater with our crest on it, and I asked him what it was. He told me, showed me some pictures and I started from there.

Middle 90's, I honestly don't even remember why I choose newcastle i think it was more like it choose me as my dad was born in Newcastle. Having been to numerous matches of other teams with mates and have been to St james by myself on occasions, i can confidently say I'd never want to support another team.

Well my Dad was never that hugely into football so I was only a passive football fan for most of my life - watching the odd big game, never really that interested at all though.

Strange that I ended up liking football really, started about 03/04ish when I really got into it. Can't remember really why I suddenly got hooked with it.

This is my fourth season with a season ticket  :thup:

Funnilly enough my Dad got a season ticket for the backend of last season and now he's turning into a proper fan, so it's kinda worked the other way round to what it should have!

1995, is as far back as I can remember, maybe late 1994.  I can remember liking Andy Cole and being angry when he was upset (as a 5 year old).  My first match was April 95 (v Norwich, 3-0)

:lol:

How did you know when he was upset like?  And why did his mood make you so angry?

;D ;D

thats canny funny,but i think he meant sold

Relatively new to the scene, about 04/05 (and now I lost all my cred on this board).

Same here. More like 06/07. Didn't follow the game professionally until then.

then what were you people thinking about?

Get out quick, while you can before its too late. run and never look back, if you dont it will be forty years before you know it.

All the teams I support are shit, forty years seems like a nothing wait compared to how long I'll be waiting on Buffalo.

How did you know when he was upset like?  And why did his mood make you so angry?

;D ;D

thats canny funny,but i think he meant sold

aye I took it to mean that anarl, but it read funny.

I remember me childminder breaking the news of us selling Cole to me when she picked me up from school.  Looking back, it was rather cruel and ruthless.  It was something like,

'Andy Cole's your favourite player isn't he?'

'Yeah hes great;

'Well, he's been sold!  Ah well'

then I got back to hers where her eldest, who was about 3 years older than me, was going mental throwing his toys around the room and shouting in anger  :lol:

When i was born 1993 :smug:

Born into it unfortunately. First game 1860 Munich June 2001 3-2 win. Was hooked.

I asked my dad for a hot dog at half time missed half the second half. Since then we always brought food in with us passed it around the few people around us. Got my season ticket from 2001. First PL game Sunderland 1-1 2001.

Sigh i miss SBR

Relatively new to the scene, about 04/05 (and now I lost all my cred on this board).

Get out quick, while you can before its too late. run and never look back, if you dont it will be forty years before you know it.

All the teams I support are s***, forty years seems like a nothing wait compared to how long I'll be waiting on Buffalo.

Yeah, I'm a Lions fan, I'll have 40 years of hurt anyway.

All the teams I support are shit, forty years seems like a nothing wait compared to how long I'll be waiting on Buffalo.

ok, your in the right place.

a lifetime of disappointment and unfulfilled ambition.

any daft cunt can support a sucessful team.

Guest firetotheworks

Shocking.

I just remember how quickly he went from being amazing to everyone in the year as a 10 year old just going 'he's shit man!' I remember going to see England U15s vs Brazil U15s and the program I got still wont open in the middle because I spat on the poster of him.  :lol: