Derby County 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 09/02/10 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Let's be honest all season we have been grinding out iffy wins because we had the best defence in the league.

75% of that defence is missing and has been replaced with loan signings. I haven't watched the game so I don't know the defence has cost us today but how many times have we leaked 3 goals this season? Against West Brom we had a sending off, prior to that it has never happened.

You give all the credit to the defence and totally disregard the fact that Hughton opted for a 4-5-1 in a lot of those games? How come?

Smith is clearly going to have to be in there without fail. He's not great but I dunno ... maybe that goofy scowl actually gets to some of the opposition. Away from home if we do play a 4-4-2 Nolan can under no circumstances be one of the two. If Nolan plays then it has to be a 4-5-1.

Otherwise I'm not sure it will matter who is in our back four to be honest with you.

but in those games we've been gradually getting worse, our performances for a couple of months have been pointing to this result.

It's definitely been coming. Makes you wonder why everyone's so shocked. I think the game on friday got us all giddy again.

I have to say, it's quite funny seeing the retractions after we all wanted this lineup. Myself included tbh. Maybe it was just one of those games? It sounded like it to me.

Its natural frustration man. Nothing to be surprised at. We are probably all asking how the hell it could have happened.

Has to keep the same team again for me (barring injuries). Keep the continuity.

Enrique is the big miss. Not only are we weaker at the back, but Jonas is half the player without him.

or rather we are more productive on the left with jose as jonas will just hold the ball till  jose gets past him.

still 4 points ahead of third with that game in hand, so has the potential to be 7.  It'd be nice to win the league, but as long as we finish top 2, I'm chuffed.  Can't take the playoffs.

The playoffs would be inhumane. Just totally unbearable. Can't even fathom it.

Apologies I've been downstairs with the old man filling paper work and watching Man City. How did we perform? Any dodgy decisions?

The penalty sounded a weird one. Ref didn't give anything, it was the linesman who flagged.

Worst commentary I've ever heard, he was describing it for about 20 seconds before he mentioned it was a penalty that had been given. As he said it was Carroll I thought it might be on the halfway line or something and he was just whinging about double standards.

I was so pissed off I was genuinely blaming Lowes for us giving away a penalty, I was raging with him. The fucker :angry:

Let's be honest all season we have been grinding out iffy wins because we had the best defence in the league.

75% of that defence is missing and has been replaced with loan signings. I haven't watched the game so I don't know the defence has cost us today but how many times have we leaked 3 goals this season? Against West Brom we had a sending off, prior to that it has never happened.

You give all the credit to the defence and totally disregard the fact that Hughton opted for a 4-5-1 in a lot of those games? How come?

Smith is clearly going to have to be in there without fail. He's not great but I dunno ... maybe that goofy scowl actually gets to some of the opposition. Away from home if we do play a 4-4-2 Nolan can under no circumstances be one of the two. If Nolan plays then it has to be a 4-5-1.

Otherwise I'm not sure it will matter who is in our back four to be honest with you.

but in those games we've been gradually getting worse, our performances for a couple of months have been pointing to this result.

It's definitely been coming. Makes you wonder why everyone's so shocked. I think the game on friday got us all giddy again.

The players seem to react better from crap performances. When they do well we perform at average in the next game, seems mental. They obviously take it to easily.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Very strange performance tonight. Need a win on Saturday.

Well at least Forest lost and Pompey got a late equalizer.

I have to say, it's quite funny seeing the retractions after we all wanted this lineup. Myself included tbh. Maybe it was just one of those games? It sounded like it to me.

Its natural frustration man. Nothing to be surprised at. We are probably all asking how the hell it could have happened.

I'd change the side, i'd drop Nolan, Hall and Best.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just on my way home

it was one of those games guys frustrating no bounces going our way officials shocking.

To sum up

Simpson gutierrez didn't look fit

savage should have been sent

never a pen

they didn't give us a second

officials awful and I mean awful never a pen the linesman gave it

liven needed to be on earlier

juries out on best

hall looked good

just one of those games guys

howay

still 4 points ahead of third with that game in hand, so has the potential to be 7.  It'd be nice to win the league, but as long as we finish top 2, I'm chuffed.  Can't take the playoffs.

The playoffs would be inhumane. Just totally unbearable. Can't even fathom it.

Playoffs would be Newcastle style though. We avoid the easy route at all times in everything.

Poor result - not seen the goals and couldn't listen to the match for technical reasons but does sound like Hughton was found wanting in the tactical department tonight. Coming on the back of such a great victory on Friday night, a result like this kind of stings. Still, 17 games to go, and we still have a game in hand on the Baggies, so perhaps this will help focus minds in the changing room for Saturday against Swansea.

Could this be the start of the inevitable slide down the table that sees us end up in the play-offs by the end of the season? Of course not.

Onwards and upwards.

I'd change the side, i'd drop Nolan, Hall and Best.

hall if colos fit

loven for best

nolan for............ ?

Guest Geordiecunny

Insert inflamatory statement about wanting rid of Hughton and how this is the beginning of the end of our promotion chase.

Just on my way home

it was one of those games guys frustrating no bounces going our way officials shocking.

To sum up

never a pen

juries out on best

hall looked good

howay

Cheers. Slightly encouraging at least. The bit about the officiating sounds familiar.

Just on my way home

To sum up

never a pen

juries out on best

hall looked good

howay

Cheers.

Guest firetotheworks

Nah nah, like I said I'm looking for a real explanation too considering this line is the one I want. I cant see one other than it being an off day, the defence being shit, derby being a voodoo team Or the need for Shola and Lovenkrands.

I'd keep the same midfield and backline, switch up the forward 2 depending on the opposition.

Poor result - not seen the goals and couldn't listen to the match for technical reasons but does sound like Hughton was found wanting in the tactical department tonight.

:lol:

I've only seen the result but it definitely seems like Hughton fucked up

;)

Poor result - not seen the goals and couldn't listen to the match for technical reasons but does sound like Hughton was found wanting in the tactical department tonight. Coming on the back of such a great victory on Friday night, a result like this kind of stings. Still, 17 games to go, and we still have a game in hand on the Baggies, so perhaps this will help focus minds in the changing room for Saturday against Swansea.

Could this be the start of the inevitable slide down the table that sees us end up in the play-offs by the end of the season? Of course not.

Onwards and upwards.

If Hughton got found out, then so did half of the fans on here.

However, he could have made better subs.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I really will be annoyed if Nolan starts against Swansea, I mean he's done nothing since Christmas- He dosen't contribute goals, he dosen't do anything noteworthy, he's just a big figure in the dressing room who slows down the midfield.

Guest firetotheworks

Just on my way home

To sum up

never a pen

juries out on best

hall looked good

howay

:thup: Cheers.

It definitely sounded like one of those games from the radio.