Oh Noes!!

Parky

By PAT SHEEHAN

Published: Today

Add a comment Add a comment (1)

CHRIS HUGHTON has put recruitment plans in place for next season, with the return of Titus Bramble high on his list.

Newcastle are favourites to get back into the top flight and boss Hughton is also keen on Bramble's Wigan team-mate Ben Watson.

Midfielder Watson, a dead ringer for Prince Harry, joined Wigan from Crystal Palace for £2million in January last year but has made just six league starts for them.

Bramble was shipped out of Newcastle by Sam Allardyce in 2007 with the Latics snapping up the powerful centre-half on a free.

But Hughton values the 28-year-old's experience and would welcome him back.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2846767/Toon-target-Titus-return.html#ixzz0f807oMyp

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2846767/Toon-target-Titus-return.html#ixzz0f7wdYVl8

Guest neesy111

he would flop again, he just crumbles under pressure

he's an idiot of a footballer, i will always remember v liverpool (h) 2003 where woodgate was about to come a header a ball from a goalkick, in comes bramble and completely flatten's woodgate out and liverpool score, as moments go it's the stupidest i've seen from a playing point of view

Titus is probably better than what we have.

He made glaring errors sure, all of which were played over and over

But he made no more mistakes than what we have now, and made a lot of good runs etc what our present incumbents DON'T

He's light years better than our stand-ins, thats for friggin' sure.

he's an idiot of a footballer, i will always remember v liverpool (h) 2003 where woodgate was about to come a header a ball from a goalkick, in comes bramble and completely flatten's woodgate out and liverpool score, as moments go it's the stupidest i've seen from a playing point of view

Like I said above, this. But against top clubs.

But did he make any more ballsups than our current lot are doing - in the CHAMPIONSHIP ?

Guest johnson293

Titus is probably better than what we have.

He made glaring errors sure, all of which were played over and over

But he made no more mistakes than what we have now, and made a lot of good runs etc what our present incumbents DON'T

He's light years better than our stand-ins, thats for friggin' sure.

Like I said above, this. But against top clubs.

But did he make any more ballsups than our current lot are doing - in the CHAMPIONSHIP ?

Maybe not, but we'd be looking to buy him to play in the top flight - we probably haven't been punished as much in this league due to the lower standard of the forwards, and Titus might have been part of a defence that kept just as many clean sheets in this league.

I would be wary of signing him again, as I think he got enough chances here to eradicate the concentration lapses and mistakes, but just couldn't.

While it may seem like he isn't making the mistakes anymore, is it just because they aren't highlighted as much at Wigan?

I liked Bramble when he played for us, it was just the mistakes he so frequently made which was always the problem, for 89 minutes he could be brilliant and for 1 minute he'd be a complete liability.

I remember the attempted clearance against Arsenal which we lost 3 - 2, he completely sliced it, up and over his head, over Given and into the net.

Yet at the same time I also remember him being the reason we beat Chelsea 1 - 0 in the FA cup the year Abramovich arrived and he was absolutely colosus in that game, everything that came in the box he cleared.

As much as I like him, he won't return, he got too much stick here and too much pressure, I also recall reading an interview where he was talking about being grateful his time at Newcastle game to an end due to the pressure he was under.

I liked Bramble when he played for us, it was just the mistakes he so frequently made which was always the problem, for 89 minutes he could be brilliant and for 1 minute he'd be a complete liability.

I remember the attempted clearance against Arsenal which we lost 3 - 2, he completely sliced it, up and over his head, over Given and into the net.

Yet at the same time I also remember him being the reason we beat Chelsea 1 - 0 in the FA cup the year Abramovich arrived and he was absolutely colosus in that game, everything that came in the box he cleared.

As much as I like him, he won't return, he got too much stick here and too much pressure, I also recall reading an interview where he was talking about being grateful his time at Newcastle game to an end due to the pressure he was under.

Henry put the ball in the net in that Arsenal game.

Ambramovich actually arrived the season before the 1-0 win.

Good post though. :thup:

Yep. Titus shouldn't return here, this is the wrong club for him. I wouldn't give this story too much credence anyway, it's probably bollocks.

Is he better than Saylor?

He's probably not prone to as many handball incidents as S.Taylor is/has been.

In the list of players who handle the ball most, there are all the goalkeepers in the world followed immediately by Steven Taylor.

Do I get kudos on almost remembering correctly?

Guest johnson293

Is he better than Saylor?

He's probably not prone to as many handball incidents as S.Taylor is/has been.

In the list of players who handle the ball most, there are all the goalkeepers in the world followed immediately by Steven Taylor.

He's probably above a couple of them as well!!!  :iamatwat:

Do I get kudos on almost remembering correctly?

mm hmm.

Titus Bramble and Newcastle United is just about the worst footballer + club match ever.

Surely we can find someone decent who isn't completely incapable of handling pressure. Shockingly lazy scouting if this is true imo.

No thankyou. Don't think i'd ever been so relieved to get rid of a player at the time of him leaving. Being good for 90% of the game counts for shit when you're a centre-back and he was crap for us on too many occassions. The physical abilities were there, he was a really good tackler in-particular, but was never gonna hack it here in the long-term.