Newcastle United 3-0 Preston North End - 20/02/10 - post match reaction from p15

Nate

Betfair punters now backing us at shorter than 1/4 for promotion, implying we're more than 80% likely to go up. Encouraging.

It is that. But I'll be confident when we are in a postion that we can't be caught, then I'll relax.

Oh yeah, definitely. 80%'s not even that great. Other side of the coin is, the current price being traded at implies there's still a 20%  chance of us not going up, and not going up will be devastating imo.

Ranger doesn't get much match time, but has consistently looked like he could cause trouble, which is more than can be said about Best and Shola. I agree that if we get promoted, he should be loaned out, it'll be beneficial to all parties.

Ranger doesn't get much match time, but has consistently looked like he could cause trouble, which is more than can be said about Best and Shola. I agree that if we get promoted, he should be loaned out, it'll be beneficial to all parties.

for all his shitness and clumsiness, shola is a big goal threat at this level,

Guest firetotheworks

Sounds like he was annoyed about people making an issue of him expressing an objective view.

Nothing to do with that, we're listening on the radio. No justifiable opinion on the match, but from the sounds of it we're playing in fits and starts. As mentioned its Phil K's attitude that's always the biting point for replies.

Sounds like he was annoyed about people making an issue of him expressing an objective view.

Its the usual suspects, Rowan mate.

Every....single....time

I repeatedly ask if you've got a problem, PM me - they never do. They need ann audience. They don't want 1 v 1. (for obvious reasons)

Then not too rarely, it's ME that gets the backlash from moderators that I am "winding up" THEM believe it or not !!!!!!!

This occasion was just a good example, its rare I get someone actully being fair and honest about it.

A pleasant surprise, and I thank you for it.

And reading the tripe from one of them above, explains my point better than I could !

Best off Ranger on for the 2nd half I say. There's been no evidence that Best > Ranger, merely the fact that Best has played more in the Championship.

That would kill his confidence. Well, Im not sure about him, the main reason we got him was because our strikers were going through a s*** patch of form, then all of a sudden Carroll and Loven find form.

He won't do in the Premiership and he's not particularly young. Pointless signing imo.

EDIT: Came in late and didn't realise he was subbed on for Lovenkrands! Assumed Loven was on the left because of the cross. Sorry Leon!

Guest neesy111

Some of you are absolutely insane. Shola has scored in just about every league game he's started.

give it a rest, the guy is a liability due to his shocking injury record

Guest firetotheworks

Jeff Stelling: "So Paul have you been impressed by Newcastle today?"

Paul Merson: "Erm...no not really"

Harsh.

He never is, but then this match doesn't sound like the type you'd choose to be impressed by.

no, you see shola > ranger because shola actually scores a bit

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

Some of you are absolutely insane. Shola has scored in just about every league game he's started.

Hope we sell him in the summer.

Its the usual suspects, Rowan mate.

Every....single....time

I repeatedly ask if you've got a problem, PM me - they never do. They need ann audience. They don't want 1 v 1. (for obvious reasons)

Then not too rarely, it's ME that gets the backlash from moderators that I am "winding up" THEM believe it or not !!!!!!!

This occasion was just a good example, its rare I get someone actully being fair and honest about it.

A pleasant surprise, and I thank you for it.

I've experienced this before. They think it's so funny berating someone who simply makes honest judgements. Unfortunately, it seems to be common forum mentality.

I've experienced this before. They think it's so funny berating someone who simply makes honest judgements. Unfortunately, it seems to be common forum mentality.

Funniest thing is the whining and trying to blame the object of their spite.

EXACTLY like spiteful, tearful 6 year olds that get told off by mammy !  ;D

no, you see shola > ranger because shola actually scores a bit

Ranger has scored twice for us, despite being restricted to a bit-part player. Lately, Hughton only seems to give him 15 minutes at most.

Phil, man, pack it in. No one's interested. Take it to PM.

Do you think maybe the issue, is that you take everything a tiny bit massively seriously ?

Seems quite obvious