Football podcasts

Gash

On 15/09/2023 at 05:17, Superior Acuña said:

I occasionally get irritated by guests but I still really like Totally on the whole. Love Jim Richardson.

I can’t bring myself to listen to it anymore, but AC Jimbo will always get the love from me.

Anyone who is travelling to Milan and doesn’t sit outside a cafe having coffee and sweet for breakfast with a copy of Gazzetta has to be far younger than me, otherwise they have no excuse.  The ability to actually read it makes zero difference …

4B49A2C1-F781-4C42-8AA5-EF8F42C45091.jpeg.f1d486bbfa52d287cac1345d786b8603.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Rich said:

Aye, that was an easy “mark as listened” this morning after the thrills and spills of “do Arsenal need a goal scorer” yesterday. :lol:

Think this is why I don’t do general football podcasts. I so rarely give a shit about the given discussion points :lol:

Stuff like the Rodri red card writes itself as well. I can hear it now: "what was he thinking?", "he was brilliantup until thatpoint" "Gibbs-White made a meal of it but you can't do that, not in the modern game" "by the letter of the law...", "he'll miss Arsenal, how do you think that'll affect things?"

Then loads about how Man City have so much strength in depth that they'll be unaffected and it'll give Phillips a chance.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Stuff like the Rodri red card writes itself as well. I can hear it now: "what was he thinking?", "he was brilliantup until thatpoint" "Gibbs-White made a meal of it but you can't do that, not in the modern game" "by the letter of the law...", "he'll miss Arsenal, how do you think that'll affect things?"

Then loads about how Man City have so much strength in depth that they'll be unaffected and it'll give Phillips a chance.

You nailed it :lol:

ladling up the gushing over Pep though. 

Also some weird talk how city have had it though :lol:

30 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Ramble have done a special on us at SJP, seems to be a paid jolly from TNT. They don’t mention Saudi Arabia once the big shills :lol:

Yesterdays athletic podcast is also on us vs psg, nothing groundbreaking mind. 

I get the annoyance at Micah Richards totally, his analysis is pretty poor but I have moderately enjoyed rest is football mainly for the first hand stories from Linekar, Shearer and Richards, but yes can be a slog. However todays episode with Thierry Henry I really really recommend cos Henry talks really openly about his mental health during playing (he realised he was always looking for approval from his dad he never could get when he really needed it), he comes accross as incredibly self aware of himself in a way few are. Also found his other stuff really good. Don't really hear many interviews with players unguarded etc about it and have to slightly credit Richards for it cos it's clear he did it cos they're friends. 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

I suppose it plays into our hands if teams fundamentally misunderstand what we are about. 

I think nobody at the club could give two shits about what the totally football show has to say. 

yet another example of surface level analysis. 

31 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I suppose it plays into our hands if teams fundamentally misunderstand what we are about. 

No-one in football takes pundits and journalists seriously, and even fewer take football hipsters seriously.  I doubt Bournemouth’s squad are listening to a bunch of broadsheet hacks yammering on pretentiously about football. 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No-one in football takes pundits and journalists seriously, and even fewer take football hipsters seriously.  I doubt Bournemouth’s squad are listening to a bunch of broadsheet hacks yammering on pretentiously about football. 

I think you are misunderstanding what I’m trying to say here. Narratives play a large part in football, real or imagined. I’m not saying that people in the game will listen to that specific podcast :lol:

Arsenal believed the Atletico stuff, evidenced in how they approached the game. Ten Haag played into last season too before getting played off the pitch at SJP. 

On 01/11/2023 at 14:19, Yorkie said:

The Sweeper is a great listen this week. Very vanilla bants replaced by half an hour of Daniel Storey talking about KI Klaksvik and the Faroes in general. 

Fucking loved that, listened to it on the way home from my jollies. Even the missus enjoyed it and she doesn't like football at all.

Tbh it's a fantastic format for a podcast. They deserve medals. 

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Totally football show calling us Atletico Tyneside. Bore off you tedious football hipsters. 

I don't mind it. There are definite similarities particularly when out of possession.