Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Alvaro Recoba. He scored a peach at SJP in the CL.

Aye i remember going ballistic at whoever was marking him for showing him inside on to his left foot. Appalling defending.

Reading The Guardian's World Cup preview booklet, Tommy Oar is mentioned as a player who could help regain stability in the Premier League. I believe he's an Aussie playing for Utrecht, but other  than that I know nothing of him, and wonder why the Guardian mentioned our name with his

Reading The Guardian's World Cup preview booklet, Tommy Oar is mentioned as a player who could help regain stability in the Premier League. I believe he's an Aussie playing for Utrecht, but other  than that I know nothing of him, and wonder why the Guardian mentioned our name with his

18 year old Australian winger who is apparently meant to be the next Harry Kewell.

He had a good couple of seasons in the Australian A-League for Brisbane Roar and then obviously moved to Utrecht as stated above. He also missed the cut for the final 23 man squad for the WC.

Number 127 or something stupid in a friendly.

18 year old Australian winger who is apparently meant to be the next Harry Kewell.

He had a good couple of seasons in the Australian A-League for Brisbane Roar and then obviously moved to Utrecht as stated above. He also missed the cut for the final 23 man squad for the WC.

An excellent talent and I feel Verbeek made a big mistake not including him, from what I saw last night. I mentioned to someone on this forum a couple of months ago that Oar will be highly sought after and they said they would contact the club. Apparently, Utrecht beat a whole host of european clubs to his signature. One to watch for the future.

An excellent talent and I feel Verbeek made a big mistake not including him, from what I saw last night. I mentioned to someone on this forum a couple of months ago that Oar will be highly sought after and they said they would contact the club. Apparently, Utrecht beat a whole host of european clubs to his signature. One to watch for the future.

Yeah ive gotta agree here. SURELY a better option than Richard Garcia as a back up winger who looks like absolute crap at the moment. They do play on opposite flanks though so there goes my opinion...

Aye i remember going ballistic at whoever was marking him for showing him inside on to his left foot. Appalling defending.

Bernard?

Yeah ive gotta agree here. SURELY a better option than Richard Garcia as a back up winger who looks like absolute crap at the moment. They do play on opposite flanks though so there goes my opinion...

I wouldnt have picked Garcia in the first place, to be honest and I think they should have also included Carle. I thought the Yanks looked really dangerous on the counter and made our much heralded defence look ordinary however, I think England will easily beat them because their defence looked crap as well.

Hmm stupid selection. Did he even show anything for Hull this season to suggest he should be picked?

We played quite a high line which wasnt able to deal with the pace of their strikers and wingers. Caught on more than a few occasions.

very good player. Have seen him play in person when played here against Adelaide united.  He is very composed for a young kid. Pretty much created everything for Brisbane roar. Let him develop a couple of years and then bring him I say - just before he reaches his peak haha

Bernard?

Can't remember, probably though as he would've been cutting in from the right.

Guest Roger Kint

Bernard?

Can't remember, probably though as he would've been cutting in from the right.

Hughes played that game at LB

I wouldnt have picked Garcia in the first place, to be honest and I think they should have also included Carle. I thought the Yanks looked really dangerous on the counter and made our much heralded defence look ordinary however, I think England will easily beat them because their defence looked crap as well.

Nicky Carle has caught my eye a few times playing for Bristol City & Palace. I was a bit surprised he seemed to be nowhere near getting in the final squad.

Guest Roger Kint

Burnley are trying to buy Andrew Driver for £1.5m, I would defo be looking to buy this lad!

Can see that one:

Hughton - 'so Burnley offered £1.5m eh?'

Hearts - 'yes mate'

Hughton - 'Our offer is £0'

Hearts - 'IIIIIIIIII See..................'

Simon Vukcevic on a free transfer? 24 years old.... left/central attacking midfielder from Sporting Lisbon....FM legend......:D

On a free?!

That's the type of deal on FM you'd e buzzing over.

Don't think he's as good in real life as his FM stats suggest mind, but he can't be bad on a free.

Guest neesy111

Sylvinho, Martin Petrov and Benjani all released by city.

Get Petrov quickly, be a major asset in the team, bejani wouldn't be that bad as well

Sylvinho, Martin Petrov and Benjani all released by city.

Get Petrov quickly, be a major asset in the team, bejani wouldn't be that bad as well

Petrov has better offers apparently. I can't see us getting him.

How about Bojinov, he's available for 2mil.. Yet to have a consistent run of form anywhere but he's a very talented player and we can do with a complete-type of forward like him..

Guest BooBoo

There's absolutely no chance Fat Ash would pay the wages of any of the trio of City rejects.