Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Heard from from a few places we are in talks for a young striker from a European club but not sure if its loan or buy or even if its anyone previously linked. Normally i would file it under 'bullshit' but an editor of another site said there are NUFC officials in Madrid as of yesterday and he is pretty reliable when it comes to other clubs so i guess the two could be linked. :undecided:

Wouldnt be a surprise if it was bollocks or we ended up with an unknown kid like that one QPR had from Real for a season as opposed to anyone we had heard of but we can live in hope that we are trying to address our goalscoring problem.  :frantic:

Could be Salvio (20) or Baldé (19) from Atletico, if there is any truth in it at all.

Getafe is in Madrid isn't it? Juan Albin maybe?

Guest taps01

Heard from from a few places we are in talks for a young striker from a European club but not sure if its loan or buy or even if its anyone previously linked. Normally i would file it under 'bullshit' but an editor of another site said there are NUFC officials in Madrid as of yesterday and he is pretty reliable when it comes to other clubs so i guess the two could be linked. :undecided:

Wouldnt be a surprise if it was bollocks or we ended up with an unknown kid like that one QPR had from Real for a season as opposed to anyone we had heard of but we can live in hope that we are trying to address our goalscoring problem.  :frantic:

Could be Salvio (20) or Baldé (19) from Atletico, if there is any truth in it at all.

Getafe is in Madrid isn't it? Juan Albin maybe?

Been linked with him in the past.  With all these links to strikers i guess we must be after one.  I can see us playing 451 with Nolan playing off the striker quite a bit next season especially away from home but there are times at home when it is imperative that we go 442 and i would like to see someone up top who is more mobile than our current options - someone to complement Carroll or Shola.   

Guest taps01

f***ing football-rumours.co.uk. Jesus Christ.

looked on there for the first time today i wont be going back!

Never plays. What's the point? He's not that good anyway.

Never plays because of a shocking injury record.

But yeah, he's a bit s**** and has no defensive awareness. He's basically a quicker version of Simpson, with worse defensive capabilities. I honestly think if he wasn't a crock he'd be a good impact player at RM though.

Just been reading up on SkySports and there are 'Rumours' that Newcastle are after Ben Arfa and  Mathieu Flamini.

Oh How i wish they were true . . . . . . . .

This was the best bit for me:

"...with both players understood to be open to a move to St James' Park."

Aye, righto.

Guest MrSundlofer

Still think we should take a look at Gai Assulin. Released from Barcelona and currently on trial at Blackburn. Give him 1 week trial. Hughton need another winger to the squad and Assulin can play on both wings.

He was here some months last season. We wanted to buy him in january. He is now a free agent. Marlon Harewood? I think he's on the 'backup shortlist for strikers'.

Still think we should take a look at Gai Assulin. Released from Barcelona and currently on trial at Blackburn. Give him 1 week trial. Hughton need another winger to the squad and Assulin can play on both wings.

He was here some months last season. We wanted to buy him in january. He is now a free agent. Marlon Harewood? I think he's on the 'backup shortlist for strikers'.

Assulin I mentioned earlier in this thread, would be worth a trial I think, only 19.

Harewood....NO NO NO.

Flamini doesn't get a game at his club and is apparently available on loan, no idea why its so unbelievable to some people.

His career has completely stalled, already 26 and has hardly played for 2 years. I think he'd definitely be open to a loan, just somewhere other than here.