Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Heneage

I remember watching a long haired Robert Koren get a dodgy deflection goal for Lillestrom against us. He was their Star Man in the matchday programme.

Guest Stephen927

Koren is the kind of player you have to build a midfield around with some players willing to track back and do the hard work for him. But simply he isn't good enough at the top level for anybody to want to do that for him.

Luke Young & Curtis Davies would significantly improve our defence. With Bouma being released too thats 4 FB's Martin O'Neill is getting rid off, he really doesn't like them does he? Him and Maradona must share tactics.

I think the only FB he plays is Warnock on the left and plays Cuellar as a RB.

Did something similar at Celtic too.  Weird.

When were Warnock and Cuellar ever at Celtic?

He means he favoured playing centre backs in the full back positions even at Celtic.

G

I remember him always having very attacking wing backs- Bobby Petta, Agathe, Steve Guppy?

Didn't Celtic used to play with wingbacks like his Leicester team?

Aye used to work very well for them, loved watching them too.

I remember watching a long haired Robert Koren get a dodgy deflection goal for Lillestrom against us. He was their Star Man in the matchday programme.

Luque's equaliser in that game. :fwap: Was about to forgive him for everything.

Guest Heneage

Luque's equaliser in that game. :fwap: Was about to forgive him for everything.

I remember shouting at him "First of many mate!" Oh how wrong I was. :lol:

Would take Mendy on a one-year deal like. Seeing as we're desperate and that.

depends why they are releasing him I suppose.  he could be wanting big money and that's why they are not keeping him on.  Wouldn't mind him here on a year deal like you say as we need more players of Premier League quality in order to stay up.

depends why they are releasing him I suppose.  he could be wanting big money and that's why they are not keeping him on.  Wouldn't mind him here on a year deal like you say as we need more players of Premier League quality in order to stay up.

He had one year left on his contract but had a relegation release clause.

He had one year left on his contract but had a relegation release clause.

has he activated it to leave or has the club opted to get rid?

fucking hell I was at that game.  Christ, had forgotten all about it.  Was that in the ill-fated Intertwobob whereby Deportivo knocked us out?

Am I also right in thinking Michael Mifsud (what happened to him?) played in that game?

f***ing hell I was at that game.  Christ, had forgotten all about it.  Was that in the ill-fated Intertwobob whereby Deportivo knocked us out?

Am I also right in thinking Michael Mifsud (what happened to him?) played in that game?

mifsud was at coventry till recently.

fucking hell I was at that game.  Christ, had forgotten all about it.  Was that in the ill-fated Intertwobob whereby Deportivo knocked us out?

Correct in both instances. Bjorn Helge Riise, now of Fulham, also played for Lillestrom.

Guest Heneage

Mifsud is incidentally now scoring for fun back in Malta, alongside none other than Jordi Cruyff.

Correctamundo. Mind you watching the game I thought Misfud looked far more of a danger than Koren, they also billed the Candian Oliver Occean as some sort of Drogba esq target man and he hardly got a sniff.

Mifsud is incidentally now scoring for fun back in Malta, alongside none other than Jordi Cruyff.

Suprised. Definitely better than that standard, maybe he is just playing for the love of it now. Still, not many can claim to have scored a winning brace at Old Trafford.

Wouldn't bother with Mendy. I dont think he's better than anything we've got, I suspect he could be on high wages too. He's obviously a player with the ability, very very quick, he can beat him man too. He just doesn't do it on a consistent basis.

Wouldn't bother with Mendy. I dont think he's better than anything we've got, I suspect he could be on high wages too. He's obviously a player with the ability, very very quick, he can beat him man too. He just doesn't do it on a consistent basis.

At Hull? I know Bullard is supposed to be on stupid wages but I can't imagine many of their players would have been?  :undecided: