Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

West Ham's owners have been talking of signing Beckham.  They reckon they've had a bid for Joe Cole turned down as well.  Hope it's the same fruitless posturing we used to do, relying on them taking up a relegation spot for us next year.

Doubt they would get relegated with Becks, J.Cole and Henry tbh. We had players like Owen, Viduka or Butt. See the difference?

What I mean is when we were linked with Rooney, Modric, Arshavin, Kuyt etc and nowt ever came of it.

Ok, that's right then.

Jordan, where did you get the picture for your avatar from?

googled jose enrique messi to see if there was any pics from his la liga days and i found that  its a few pages in

We still put four past them in the game in your avatar though  :snod:

José Enrique was immense in the second "leg", though.

Jose has only played once against Barca in a 2-0 win. The other game that season was 4-0 at the Camp Nou, because he wasn't in the starting XI or even on the bench.

Silly Villareal. :colo:

Oh, you're right. For some weird reason I thought that was our home (4-0) game since we are wearing the home shirt.

Guest Roger Kint

It's against everything that's right for us re: squad recruitment, but i'd utterly love to see Beckham in a Newcastle shirt. Even just for a game.

For the money? definatelly, as a footballing point of view i wouldnt want him near a shirt

You wouldn't want Beckham from a footballing point if view? Really? :lol:

I think you would have to be a few screwdivers short of a toolbox not to. However, i couldnt see this happening in a million years so why even discuss it.

West Ham's owners have been talking of signing Beckham.  They reckon they've had a bid for Joe Cole turned down as well.  Hope it's the same fruitless posturing we used to do, relying on them taking up a relegation spot for us next year.

It does seem to be the owners who decide the transfer targets at that club, not the manager.

Guest Roger Kint

You wouldn't want Beckham from a footballing point if view? Really? :lol:

Age/fitness/etc come on man, hes like a dead man walking during his 3 minutes England donationsappearances, he wouldnt last 10 minutes in a Premier League game. He was finished 4 years ago.

I bit he would last just as long as Nolan or Guthrie and is 10 times the player, he would also be a much, much better option to replace routledge if he was injured/we needed something different. In his last few England appearances he may not have been up to the pace but he still put in some top class balls and showed the gulf in technical ability between him and the younger lads taking over his spot.

It will never happen but if we had the chance I would bite my arm off to have someone of his ability as an option available to us next season.

Guest Roger Kint

I bit he would last just as long as Nolan or Guthrie and is 10 times the player, he would also be a much, much better option to replace routledge if he was injured/we needed something different. In his last few England appearances he may not have been up to the pace but he still put in some top class balls and showed the gulf in technical ability between him and the younger lads taking over his spot.

It will never happen but if we had the chance I would bite my arm off to have someone of his ability as an option available to us next season.

Will have to agree to disagree here methnks, for the record its not just his last few England games either. Theres a reason Fabio didnt trust him to come on until the game was won

Nordin Amrabat.

What's with all these diminutive Moroccan-Dutch attacking midfielders coming through PSV with names that begin with A?

Affelay, Amrabat, Aissati. I always just think of them as the same player.

Guest Heneage

Nordin Amrabat.

What's with all these diminutive Moroccan-Dutch attacking midfielders coming through PSV with names that begin with A?

Affelay, Amrabat, Aissati. I always just think of them as the same player.

Zakaria Labyd is the next one, strictly speaking Amrabat was bought at a young age from VVV Venlo after starting out at Ajax and joining FC Omniworld.

Either way they have some real talent that's just waiting for a chance to perform on a big stage really. If we are looking for players with potential low cash outlay, these could be the players, provided the basic fee is low and we top it with bonuses based on performance.

Maza Rodriguez is one of their non-Dutch talents we could try as well.

The West Ham owners are starting to look like a peniless version of Florentino Pérez. Van Nistelrooy, Henry, Joe Cole, Beckham...  :lol:

i think hed take that as a compliment, then again im sure he takes his name in any media thing as a compliment. probably all bull from him so not to piss off wham fans and get them to buy season tickets before they notice half the squad is been replaced by cheap buys

Guest BooBoo

Judging by Hughtons comments in today's Journal i'd wager we won't have a single new signing in when the new season kicks off.

Guest palnese

Illan?  Just released by West Ham

4 goals in 10 games at West Ham.

Surely worth a punt.