Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Well yeah of course it would if it was against their wishes.  I meant offer them to clubs for free/get consent from them to be released for free.  I mean surely if we offered those players for free someone would be stupid enough to take them off our hands?

Well yeah I meant offer them for free/get consent from them to be released for free.  I mean surely if we offered those players for free someone would be stupid enough to take them off our hands?

They'll probably think they won't get their current wages at any other team, so no reason to move.

Well yeah of course it would if it was against their wishes.  I meant offer them to clubs for free/get consent from them to be released for free.  I mean surely if we offered those players for free someone would be stupid enough to take them off our hands?

Why would we be stupid enough to offer players we could get £ for away for free?

Possibly, but they might be prepared to take a bit of a wage cut in order to play some games.  Also for someone like Smith, who is months from being 30, it might be wise to move now and try to get a longer contract if we're looking like we don't want him.  Its definitely something I'd be looking into if I was Ashley.

Why would we be stupid enough to offer players we could get £ for away for free?

IMO we can't and won't get any money for them, you realise that every month they're here being useless they cost us hundreds of thousands of pounds?

Obviously if they have a real reason to believe they'll get a few million for them then fine, but if its a case of nobody being prepared to buy them then IMO Ashley would be wise to look at ways of giving the fuckers away.

IMO we can't and won't get any money for them, you realise that every month they're here being useless they cost us hundreds of thousands of pounds?

Obviously if they have a real reason to believe they'll get a few million for them then fine, but if its a case of nobody being prepared to buy them then IMO Ashley would be wise to look at ways of giving the fuckers away.

We'd easily get £1m for Smith from teams like Wolves and Bolton if they had any interest, also think we'd recoup some of the Xisco money from some random Spanish side.

Smith is a decent squadplayer nonetheless so I wouldn't get rid knowing we won't sign a replacement, even if he is on silly money.

Being interested in signing a player for money and for free are two different things, IMO nobody would pay a fee for either of them knowing the kind of wages they're going to ask for.

We don't know that they wouldn't be replaced and this is hyphothetical anyway.  What I'm saying is that if I was in Ashley's position I'd give those two away if I had too if it meant freeing up the wage bill to bring in a few useful players.

IMO Smith isn't a useful squad player in the Premiership, he'll once again be much like Nicky Butt, a liability.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's not FM! ;)

Some murmurs John carver could be coming back, most likely as a coach.

I like him, think he'd be a good person to have around the club again.

TT, I sometimes think you're on satellite delay when you post.

I rarely pay attention i must admit.

The Ilan from WHAM has been released also.

:lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1285032/Joe-Cole-released-Chelsea-500-players-looking--free-love.html

Contains a list of the top 30 free agents this summer (although its limited to British based and well known foreign based)

Nicky Butt 16th  ;D

Gotta love how they add Henry in the list even though he still has a year of contract and they write down "but for the right club the Catalans are willing to negotiate" which is the definition of a non-free transfer :lol:

Ballack?

We dont need a lazy over paid German stroling around the pitch like he owns the place.

Would have him over our current midfield every day. Can score goals when played as OM and can also play as a holding midfielder.

Don't think he's realistic, though.

Guest Roger Kint

What isnt realistic? The fact hes 31 or whatever or the fact he was told to get lost after wanting £130k a week or something to play for the best side in the league? ;D

Am sure he will crawl here for £40k tops..............

Too old + too expensive + too many good other options for him = unrealistic.

Don't think we should go for him anyway. Had too many injury problems in his last years as well. Would probably be a bit like the Owen/Duff transfer.

Guest Roger Kint

Too old + too expensive + too many good other options for him = unrealistic.

Its actually beyond unrealistic, cant work out why its even in here haha