Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Roger Kint

Ryan Nelson is not realistic. 32 and under contract for next 2 years iirc. Sure BSA would lets have him for buttons like.........

Guest Heneage

If Dennis fuckin Rommedahl is considered unrealistic (ie, too good for us) then we might as well give up and go down now. Fuckin hell!

Where has anyone said that? :lol:

I dont know why people keep ruling us out spending any money what so ever?

It's simply bizzare to think we'll spend nowt. Why on earth would Ashley refuse to spend anything this summer when its clear we're desperate for new palyers despite the fact he spent in January when bringing in players wasn't absolutely essential like it is this summer.

Obviously the noises coming out of the club haven't been positive but the board have never said that we're not going to spend anything, we can only hope the purpose of the statements was to lower expectations somewhat. I dont expect us to spend much, but I certainly hope we spend something. To not even make an effort in trying to stay up simply makes no sense on Ashley's part.

To not even make an effort in trying to stay up simply makes no sense on Ashley's part.

Well he's hardly been a pillar of logic in his time here has he? :lol:

He'll spend nowt and hope we can stay up with what we've got.

Cheaper that way.

To not even make an effort in trying to stay up simply makes no sense on Ashley's part.

Well he's hardly been a pillar of logic in his time here has he? :lol:

He'll spend nowt and hope we can stay up with what we've got.

Cheaper that way .

Not if we go down it's not. He's not put the club up for sale so he's got to have some ambition to see us do well, or else why would he carry on losing money through us, especially if we go down.

Born out of the fact it would make absolutely not sense whatsoever to spend nothing, I'm pretty confident we'll spend something this summer.

If Dennis fuckin Rommedahl is considered unrealistic (ie, too good for us) then we might as well give up and go down now. Fuckin hell!

Where has anyone said that? :lol:

Thats what I assumed this this.

Rommedahl is on a free!

realistic?

I dont know why people keep ruling us out spending any money what so ever?

It's simply bizzare to think we'll spend nowt. Why on earth would Ashley refuse to spend anything this summer when its clear we're desperate for new palyers despite the fact he spent in January when bringing in players wasn't absolutely essential like it is this summer.

Obviously the noises coming out of the club haven't been positive but the board have never said that we're not going to spend anything, we can only hope the purpose of the statements was to lower expectations somewhat. I dont expect us to spend much, but I certainly hope we spend something. To not even make an effort in trying to stay up simply makes no sense on Ashley's part.

We'll only spend if we sell someone first. They told us that.

Until we sell someone I don't expect anyone to come in, barring loans and/or kids.

Guest BooBoo

Exactly.

It represents a huge gamble by Ashley, praying we survive on a shoestring so he can get a slice of his money back. We will only spend money if we let a Carroll, Jonas or Enrique go and even then we'll not spend every penny we recoup. Failing that it will be loans. I'm struggling to fathom why more people haven't grasped this yet, still speculating on players we are going to buy.

Is Uche on a free? Thought he's looked class at the World Cup tbh.

There was a list of players available on free transfers and he was one of the names........just googled it again and apparently he might have signed a new deal :D ......not 100% sure though.

This is the list of UK-based free agents from the PFA website

http://www.givemefootball.com/pfa-transfer-list?name=FullName&page=1

I didn't realise Alliadiere was on a free. Not the best but he'd add a bit of well-needed pace up front

He's appalling mate. Mid level Championship player at best.

Only be worth signing if he were to be our official spokesperson for spoken interviews.

I didn't realise Alliadiere was on a free. Not the best but he'd add a bit of well-needed pace up front

11 goals in 3 seasons with the boro, I'd rather play one of our current strikers tbh.

Mind a few year ago he looked a real talent. Not sure what happened there.

11 goals in 3 seasons with the boro, I'd rather play one of our current strikers tbh.

Mind a few year ago he looked a real talent. Not sure what happened there.

he went to boro