Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Ireland linked with Scum again today.

How much did Parma pay Valeri Bojinov?

3 million euro was the quoted price in Bulgarian media.. I would've thought they'd let him for less as he's simply not needed. Good player though, as long as he's injury-free..

Cheers.

Would ireland be realistic on loan? With a price agreed now if we wish to buy him at the end of the season (if he wants to stay)

City know clubs are willing to buy him it is of no benefit to them to loan him out.

Would ireland be realistic on loan? With a price agreed now if we wish to buy him at the end of the season (if he wants to stay)

City know clubs are willing to buy him it is of no benefit to them to loan him out.

i think i can agree with you on this tbh :)

I thought this was supposed to be a realistic transfer thread.

Fuck me..........Bellamy????????????................upwards of 7 millioin quid, 80K a week and would probably manage 20 games max due to injuries. Not forgetting the past history, of course.

Ireland is even better. Where are we gonna find upwards of 10 million for him?

C'mon guys, lets get realistic.

I've got a feeling we'll end up with Robbie Keane on loan.

Spurs are after so many strikers I'm guessing they are hoping to land at least two, pushing Keane well out of the squad. No one is going to stump up the money needed to sign him, so Spurs may settle for wages paid and a loan fee, and I think if we miss out on all our targets we could go for that.

Were looking at strikers with pace and movement to help create and play off Carroll, Keane would certainly be a good option.

Spurs are after so many strikers I'm guessing they are hoping to land at least two, pushing Keane well out of the squad. No one is going to stump up the money needed to sign him, so Spurs may settle for wages paid and a loan fee, and I think if we miss out on all our targets we could go for that.

Didn't 'Appy 'Arry say he wouldn't let him out on loan again as the 'paid good money for him'.

I took this as, we'll either scarcely play him or sell him.

Didn't 'Appy 'Arry say he wouldn't let him out on loan again as the 'paid good money for him'.

I'm thinking nearer the end of the window where no one has come in and offered cash for him. They'd be stupid to have him on the books not playing getting a year older while not getting on with saggy face. Of course they'd want a permanent move, i just don't see anyone coming in for him, especially at the price Spurs would want.

I'm thinking nearer the end of the window where no one has come in and offered cash for him. They'd be stupid to have him on the books not playing getting a year older while not getting on with saggy face. Of course they'd want a permanent move, i just don't see anyone coming in for him, especially at the price Spurs would want.

Aye, maybe you're right like. I guess it depends on a few factors then.

Wait and see if anybody does want to splurge the cash on him, and if we sign a striker before the last few days of the window.

Spurs would be silly to keep hold of him though if he isn't going to play.

Guest WashyGeordie

Were looking at strikers with pace and movement to help create and play off Carroll, Keane would certainly be a good option.

Or we'll keep Xisco 'cos no-one will pay our asking price, and not buy another striker 'cos he'll be "like a new signing".  :undecided:

I thought this was supposed to be a realistic transfer thread.

Fuck me..........Bellamy????????????................upwards of 7 millioin quid, 80K a week and would probably manage 20 games max due to injuries. Not forgetting the past history, of course.

Ireland is even better. Where are we gonna find upwards of 10 million for him?

C'mon guys, lets get realistic.

People are suggesting trying to loan Ireland, not sign him permanently.

Guest Roger Kint

Heard from from a few places we are in talks for a young striker from a European club but not sure if its loan or buy or even if its anyone previously linked. Normally i would file it under 'bullshit' but an editor of another site said there are NUFC officials in Madrid as of yesterday and he is pretty reliable when it comes to other clubs so i guess the two could be linked. :undecided:

Wouldnt be a surprise if it was bollocks or we ended up with an unknown kid like that one QPR had from Real for a season as opposed to anyone we had heard of but we can live in hope that we are trying to address our goalscoring problem.  :frantic:

Heard from from a few places we are in talks for a young striker from a European club but not sure if its loan or buy or even if its anyone previously linked. Normally i would file it under 'bullshit' but an editor of another site said there are NUFC officials in Madrid as of yesterday and he is pretty reliable when it comes to other clubs so i guess the two could be linked. :undecided:

Higuain

Higuain

On FM a few years ago there was a player called Potato for Atletico - it's him isn't it :kinnear:

Guest Roger Kint

Higuain

On FM a few years ago there was a player called Potato for Atletico - it's him isn't it :kinnear:

haha that would be tailor made for us

Guest Roger Kint

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6261152,00.html

Interview with Anthony Annan, saying he wants to move to England.

Mike Ashley, I'm actually begging on my knees for you to sign him! Sign Him! SIGN HIM!!!!!!

I would cream my pants over that signing then spend the rest of the transfer window in blind panic over who the stupid bastard would sell to cover the cost....