Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Stephen927

Heard from from a few places we are in talks for a young striker from a European club but not sure if its loan or buy or even if its anyone previously linked. Normally i would file it under 'bullshit' but an editor of another site said there are NUFC officials in Madrid as of yesterday and he is pretty reliable when it comes to other clubs so i guess the two could be linked. :undecided:

Higuain

On FM a few years ago there was a player called Potato for Atletico - it's him isn't it :kinnear:

haha that would be tailor made for us

Please, no more Taylors. :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6261152,00.html

Interview with Anthony Annan, saying he wants to move to England.

Mike Ashley, I'm actually begging on my knees for you to sign him! Sign Him! SIGN HIM!!!!!!

Fucking hell, if he wants to come to England we might have the slightest of chances as opposed to none at all. Ashley, just put a bid in, please...

I think Annan could be the player to really kick off our revival, but unfortunately I could see Sunderland going for him and getting him no problem to replace Cana

If there is any truth in:

Ghana midfielder Anthony Annan has been linked with moves to Premier League clubs Chelsea and Manchester United, as well as French outfit Lyon.

Then the AA wont be coming to the North East.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6253889,00.html

I think Annan could be the player to really kick off our revival, but unfortunately I could see Sunderland going for him and getting him no problem to replace Cana

Ghana midfielder Anthony Annan has been linked with moves to Premier League clubs Chelsea and Manchester United, as well as French outfit Lyon.

I've not once heard Manu or Chelsea linked and I think its the papers putting a WC impresser with two big clubs together and making up stories.

He'd get swallowed at Chelsea, get about 10 games a season in lesser ties while at Manu his rate would be slightly higher. He's much better off going to Sunderland tbh, or any medium sized club where he'd get 90% of games played to make a name for himself.

Guest WashyGeordie

Heard from from a few places we are in talks for a young striker from a European club but not sure if its loan or buy or even if its anyone previously linked. Normally i would file it under 'bullshit' but an editor of another site said there are NUFC officials in Madrid as of yesterday and he is pretty reliable when it comes to other clubs so i guess the two could be linked. :undecided:

Wouldnt be a surprise if it was bollocks or we ended up with an unknown kid like that one QPR had from Real for a season as opposed to anyone we had heard of but we can live in hope that we are trying to address our goalscoring problem.  :frantic:

Could be Salvio (20) or Baldé (19) from Atletico, if there is any truth in it at all.

Just a question: I had a quick look at the Skunkers site, and im just wondering if somebody could tell me who of the posters there who are to be believed. There is some much rumours there, but most of it is probably bullshit!  :razz:

I've not once heard Manu or Chelsea linked and I think its the papers putting a WC impresser with two big clubs together and making up stories.

I have just given you the link. Just out of curiosity if your not getting your info from the rags or SKY where are you getting your info.]

His agent mention top English club as well I reckon that aint us or the Scum

http://www.ghanasoccernet.com/2010/07/annan-interesting-english-clubs-agent/

Wouldnt be a surprise if it was bollocks or we ended up with an unknown kid like that one QPR had from Real for a season as opposed to anyone we had heard of but we can live in hope that we are trying to address our goalscoring problem.  :frantic:

Could be Salvio (20) or Baldé (19) from Atletico, if there is any truth in it at all.

Salvio would be a fantastic but he`d only be on loan....

Guest Roger Kint

An not hopeful of us signing any striker perminently tbh. Well at least not one of any quality given our price range. A good younster on loan could be our best hope

Guest taps01

which website was this on?

Guest Roger Kint

Ah right hopefully something in it then.

You have to take 99% of that site with a pinch of salt, majority is ludicrous. Thats where the editor is, he is reliable as opposed to the nutters who post there haha

He'd get swallowed at Chelsea, get about 10 games a season in lesser ties while at Manu his rate would be slightly higher. He's much better off going to Sunderland tbh, or any medium sized club where he'd get 90% of games played to make a name for himself.

Please tell me your not trying to say Sunderland are a bigger club than us?

Please tell me your not trying to say Sunderland are a bigger club than us?

In a better position to sign him, with the Cana money and position available. How you can read owt else in to that is bonkers.  :rolleyes:

Agreed.

At this stage of his career, a move to a Manchester United or Chelsea would be dreadful. He'd be far better off going to a lesser team where he will be pretty much guaranteed a starting spot.

I'd love him here to be honest. I could stomach him going to Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal but please god not to the mackems or Spurs.

Guest Stephen927

He should just use us as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

Which isn't a bad thing really if we make a good profit and he plays great. That's the game the club has to play now until Ashley sells up.

He should just use us as a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

Which isn't a bad thing really if we make a good profit and he plays great. That's the game the club has to play now until Ashley sells up.

Exactly, we should play this exactly like that. Explain to him that we know he won't be here for long but we want to provide him with a platform to move to a bigger English club whilst getting plenty of experience of the English game. Meanwhile, we can cash in, make a profit and get a decent replacement.