Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest loven Mag 11

if/when burnley go down, would anyone like to see steven fletcher here, for lets says 2-3 million.

8 goals and 3 assists in a woeful team,

service from jonas and routldge has to be more than elliott and eagles.

his finish Vs man city was class.

if/when burnley go down, would anyone like to see steven fletcher here, for lets says 2-3 million.

I remember watching a Hibs game ages ago and saying he looked very decent, and yeah he's done very decent for that load of shite this season. For a decent price I'd take him - but then I don't think he'd score the goals to keep us up.

Yeah mentioned him earlier. Only seen highlights but he looks decent and I can't imagine they could hold out for much (if any) more than they paid so £3m is a good price for a decent young striker.

Anyone know how quick he is? He has looked fairly Pacey at times but the odd run can be deceptive, I know he is a fairly tall lad.

Guest Stephen927

The fans reaction to either of them coming back would be negative, so it isn't a good idea. I don't think either would get into the team anyways, unless Colo/Williamson struggle, or Jonas is injured.

Guest JamesyJazz

Haven't bothered to look up the stats on Fletcher,what are the splits H/A on the goals and assists?

Question asked in the pub the other night,would you take N'zog and Bumble back if/when Wigan are relegated if the price was right.

Imo no.

Would take Eagles from Burnley though if offered.

Nzog has burnt his bridges here. Shambles looks likes he needs Bruce & slimfast this season.

Guest loven Mag 11

i still think we would need to get another CF, but i just think he has something different to what we already have (lots of power, no movement), younger lovenkrands maybe ?

Question asked in the pub the other night,would you take N'zog and Bumble back if/when Wigan are relegated if the price was right.

Imo no.

Not either of them like, no more former players on principle. Need to look forward not backwards!

Few others of that Wigan squad I'd take though.

Begs the question, what second stints of players have been successful for your lot?

Can't think of any former senior player returning to Barça and being successful again, for example (Stoichkov, De la Peña, bombed in their second stints). I always think that when it's over, it's over.

Yeah mentioned him earlier. Only seen highlights but he looks decent and I can't imagine they could hold out for much (if any) more than they paid so £3m is a good price for a decent young striker.

Anyone know how quick he is? He has looked fairly Pacey at times but the odd run can be deceptive, I know he is a fairly tall lad.

Don't think he's realllyyy quick, but then again like yourself I'm not sure. Seems to have quite alot to his game though - much better footballer then for example Boyd. Holds up play well, good finisher, good in the air.

At the moment bramble is more proven (not shit before anyone says) than any of the centre backs on our books and has a bit of pace.

Unfortunately his clangers seem to completely cloud out how good people think he is. I think he would be as good as we could realistically get, for the first season at least and has different attributes to compliment anyone he would partner.

Imo no.

Not either of them like, no more former players on principle. Need to look forward not backwards!

Few others of that Wigan squad I'd take though.

Begs the question, what second stints of players have been successful for your lot?

Can't think of any former senior player returning to Barça and being successful again, for example (Stoichkov, De la Peña, bombed in their second stints). I always think that when it's over, it's over.

Solano was good in his second stint.

8 goals and 3 assists in a woeful team

His dad was a scouser so he would fit in with most of our lot. I would take Nugent off Pompy for £1 million or less as well. But then if we sign strikers from relegated teams would we score enough goals to stay up.........then again we had a x-Inter & R.Madrid strikers & them gits could not keep us.

I remember watching a Hibs game ages ago and saying he looked very decent, and yeah he's done very decent for that load of shite this season. For a decent price I'd take him - but then I don't think he'd score the goals to keep us up.

I can see Fletcher getting around a dozen goals next season, which would be a good return considering he's more of a second striker than a number nine. to me he is a bit like Viduka, good touch, finishing and vision, can bring others into the game, make something happen from nothing etc. I'd definitely take him, though i'd also want someone else who is a bit more of a goalscorer.

I remember watching a Hibs game ages ago and saying he looked very decent, and yeah he's done very decent for that load of s**** this season. For a decent price I'd take him - but then I don't think he'd score the goals to keep us up.

I can see Fletcher getting around a dozen goals next season, which would be a good return considering he's more of a second striker than a number nine. to me he is a bit like Viduka, good touch, finishing and vision, can bring others into the game, make something happen from nothing etc. I'd definitely take him, though i'd also want someone else who is a bit more of a goalscorer.

Who for? Us? Burnley?

What about Zander Diamond at RB?, also that Clyne at Palace looks decent, though myself I think S Taylor is a pretty good RB, and better there then CB.

Imagine getting Bassong back so Taylor could go into the RB position?

Guest loven Mag 11

I remember watching a Hibs game ages ago and saying he looked very decent, and yeah he's done very decent for that load of s**** this season. For a decent price I'd take him - but then I don't think he'd score the goals to keep us up.

if we do get 10-20 million budget in the summer window,

how much of it would you spend in each area, attack, midfield and defence. i would want to spend about half the money on 1 quality CF.

hopefully he alone could secure those vital goals.

Who for? Us? Burnley?

for a prem side, were he to play for one.

Just wondering, can Driver play in the centre?

Andrew Driver? Any club with anything about them will still well away for at least a season to see if this knee problem he is continually having clears up.