Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Don't think we have a chance of getting Dorrans. Maybe next season if we survive and Brom go down. Barnes similar, but why we'd want him when he's so injury prone is a mystery anyway. The others all sound decent and fairly plausible.

Guest firetotheworks

Upson seems like the clear CB choice for me, unless a bigger team sees something in him.

I'd love us to have another go at signing Curtis Davies from Villa. He seems to be spending most of his time on the bench and he fits the bill in terms of age and ability. Not sure O Neill would let him go though

I would like to see us go for Matt Taylor.

good shout excellent on set pieces and can cover lb and lm would be an excellent squad player

Atrocious at LB mind you but i guess it'd be better than the nothing we have there currently. Doubt he'd move unless it was for first team football.

Guest Roger Kint

Matt Taylor is just a left sided version of Ryan Taylor.  Wouldn't be the worst shout in the world but I'd rather we went for a more Robert esque left sided player.

This would be far happier with a more explosive type of player to at least be able to change a game if needed

Guest labrowski

Matt Taylor is hardly going to come to us to warm the bench when he gets regular football at Bolton.

He's been used as a sub the past few games hasn't he?

Where did it go wrong for Hugo Almeida? Worth a punt in the premier league?

Wouldn't go for him tbh. Gets hardly a full match for Werder at the moment. More used as an impact sub. Can't see them letting him go anyway.

As a target man, I seriously do think that Andy Caroll will do a decent job on Premiership level.

He's a poor target man. His flick ins are aimless most of the time and he doesn't really have a very good awareness of those around him.

As a target man, I seriously do think that Andy Caroll will do a decent job on Premiership level.

In the odd appearance, yes. But over a whole season can we really expect consistency from him at that level? Too much too soon I think. He should be a squad member next year and should definitely feature a fair bit, but shouldn't be relied upon to that extent.

Where did it go wrong for Hugo Almeida? Worth a punt in the premier league?

Did it ever go right, though? Never seemed to have much to his game apart from his height, and I don't think you need another tall guy.

Always thought he looked decent at the under 21 level for Portugal, which is mostly when I saw him play tbf. Still just 25 too. He should leave Werder and give it one more shot somewhere else. What would they expect for him at this point. Probably around £3million - £5 million. I'd punt that!