Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

From the Norwegian League (tippeligaen, 4 rounds in):

These are the profiles so far in the league (ish):

Erik Huseklepp still looks good, and is still setting up goals, aswell seems like scoring.

Per Ciljan Skjelbreid has nothing to do here. Doesnt look anything special in the league so far.

Simen Brenne has been good, and is probably better than butt/smith, but to old and do we really need that level?.

From Rosenborg, Anthony Annan looks good as always, and i really think he would be a massive, and cheap signing. Defensive midfielder.Essien loves him.

Theres some other young guns, like Christer Kleiven at 22 who could become something. Marcus Pedersen at 19 is a strong striker and could be something for the future. Both fairly good finishers .

Really theres isnt alot, but maybe some squad players at best. Will like to add Mikael Lustig, swedish international, a right back who could also do a job.

Atleast Annan would be good, rest needs alot of work to step up to premier level.

thats it for now i guess, some of the norwegians here might add some.

Erik Huseklepp still looks good, and is still setting up goals, aswell seems like scoring.

Per Ciljan Skjelbreid has nothing to do here. Doesnt look anything special in the league so far.

Simen Brenne has been good, and is probably better than butt/smith, but to old and do we really need that level?.

From Rosenborg, Anthony Annan looks good as always, and i really think he would be a massive, and cheap signing. Defensive midfielder.Essien loves him.

Theres some other young guns, like Christer Kleiven at 22 who could become something. Marcus Pedersen at 19 is a strong striker and could be something for the future. Both fairly good finishers .

Really theres isnt alot, but maybe some squad players at best. Will like to add Mikael Lustig, swedish international, a right back who could also do a job.

Atleast Annan would be good, rest needs alot of work to step up to premier level.

Joakim Våge Nilsen for Haugesund might be the brightest Norwegian left back talent since John Arne Riise, and he's only 18.

Joakim Våge Nilsen for Haugesund might be the brightest Norwegian left back talent since John Arne Riise, and he's only 18.

good call! Not many for the first team squad, but there are some bright prospects for sure.

Guest geordienorway

Huseklepp looks good and Skjelbred has been average? Come on man, Huseklepp has been utter shite in the first three games. The players who would improve our current side from Tippeligaen are Annan and Thioune imo.

Guest Stephen927

That Messi looks decent.

Jonas, Routledge, Carroll, Loven.. I just don't see where he would fit in.

That Messi looks decent.

Jonas, Routledge, Carroll, Loven.. I just don't see where he would fit in.

We need back up for Loven. Shola, Best, Carroll, Ranger = too many big men.

Guest Stephen927

Good point, well made. We could piss the league with those players, but I guess injuries do happen.

Huseklepp looks good and Skjelbred has been average? Come on man, Huseklepp has been utter shite in the first three games. The players who would improve our current side from Tippeligaen are Annan and Thioune imo.

nah, Huseklepp has been the only thing going for Brann. Skjelbred hasnt done anything worth mentioning, Huseklepp has.

I agree on Annan and Thioune. Should have remebered Thioune to be honest :)

Guest loven Mag 11

if we did get 20 - 25 mil warchest,

i think we should be looking to spend about 8 mil on 1 quality CF.

think Pavlyuchenko would be class, his goals to games is unreal considering he never played til recently.

scored 26 goals in 38 games.

he is 28 but i think tottenham might be tempted to recoup 8 mil from the 12 they spent.

Got a feeling one (or all?) of Enrique, Coloccini, Gutierrez or Taylor will be moved on if the money's right. 

I have the same feeling. Hope to God they're all still here come September 1st.

anthony annan would be immense. our top priorities should be a striker, central midfielder powerhouse and some sort of quality defender, but solidifying the squad is just as important. if we look in the right places, build a fantastic squad on a small budget can easily be done.

Got a feeling one (or all?) of Enrique, Coloccini, Gutierrez or Taylor will be moved on if the money's right. 

What exactly is the right money for Enrique?

What exactly is the right money for Enrique?

Messi + £40m