Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

One ManU friend has just sent me this. Probably fake as stripper tits, since it comes from a Russian site and it wouldn't make any financial sense for you lot. He tells me he found it on a ManU forum.

http://gong.bg/view_article.php?article_id=129369

Gong was made aware that informal negotiations are being made between Newcastle and Manchester Unitedfor the acquisition of Dimitar Berbatov. The amountthat the bulgarian's favourite childhood team is prepared to pay is 18 million (pounds or euro???). This news were given to Gong from a well informed source.

The Newcastle team secured a promotion, and will return to the England's top league in the next season.

The media in England started the gossip that the striker will be sold in the summer, because of his recent unsatisfying displays and his status as a substitute. Berbatov also couldn't make use of the possibility to shine recently, while Wayne Rooney was injured.

However, Sir Alex Ferguson made it clear that he didn't want to part ways with the captain of the Bulgarian national team.

Last week "the red devils" bought a new striker - 21 year old Mexican forward Javier Hernandes. This deal made the rumours of the eventual sell of Dimitar Berbatov stronger.

Media on the island suggest that Manchester United is showing serious interest toward Karim Benzema, David Via, and Klaas-jan Huntelaar.

The translation might be bollocks, but in the Russian headline the first word is "Newcastle" in Cyrillic.

Guest MrSundlofer

As I said before,  there is a world outside the Premier League. Send our scouts to Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Argentina, France, Portugal and Brazil.

Ricardo Fuller, Kris Boyd, James Mceveley, Jermaine Beckford, Jason Morrison, Liam Rigdewell and Marlon Harewood?  :doh:  Think about it! We have the chance to invest in new players to our squad. We can look at players all over the world and people want to sign... Fuller?

Our club still has a good reputation out there and we can attract good players.

I think Chris Hughton should look at:

Carlos Vela (Arsenal)

Sign the young Mexican winger/striker on loan for the 2010/11 season. He needs some games in the Premier League before Wenger plays him more often.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01362/carlos-vela_1362409c.jpg

Giovani dos Santos (Tottenham)

Another Mexican don't wanted by Harry Redknapp, currently on loan to Galatasaray. We should try to loan him for the next season. Can play anywhere in the attacking midfield.

http://fcdenver.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/giovanni-dos-santos.jpg

(Manchester City)

Also on loan at Galatasaray. Try to loan him for the next season. Don't think he will play more for Manchester City.

http://www.ataryemez.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/jo-galatasaray.jpg

Nicolás Burdisso (Inter)

Currently on loan to AS Roma. A friend of Coloccini. He plays central defender and sometimes right back. 26 caps for Argentina. He may be free to sign in the summer.

http://www.pupia.tv/includes/tiny_mce/plugins/filemanager/files/fm/01_immagini/07_sport/calcio_italiano/inter/burdisso.jpg

I think we should look at these players. I'm afraid we don't.

Guest BooBoo

I wouldn't go anywhere near Jo. He was horrendous at Man City and Everton. Dos Santos hasn't really set the world alight either.

Ledley linked with stoke today, would be disappointed if that came off. I know there are some question marks over his fitness but I think he would be worth the gamble. I doubt he would cost much in compensation or wages and has looked talented for a couple of years now.

We seem to be linked with o'hara a lot which I wouldn't be against.

Guest MrSundlofer

Look away from the Premier League, so you list 3 out of 4 who are at Premier League clubs.

Burdisso plays for Roma.

Jô plays for Galatasaray.

Dos Santos plays for Galatasaray.

Vela plays for Arsenal.

You can't scout the Premier League today and find Burdisso, Jô and Dos Santos in it. You must travel to Italy and Turkey.

And yes, we need to look away from the Premier League and look for other targets.

Guest MrSundlofer

The reason Jo and Dos Santos are over there is because they haven't been able to hack it over here, so why sign them?

Loan them.

I think they can still improve. A fresh start for them.

Were linked to Senderos.

I wish we still had him. He's so underrated wish we had him on Wednesday night instead of Silvestre, he deserves to go though to get first team football.

Were linked to Senderos.

I wish we still had him. He's so underrated wish we had him on Wednesday night instead of Silvestre, he deserves to go though to get first team football.

I still haven't forgiven him for 2006, but I've always thought he's been underrated. Would be a good signing.

Also, the thought of potentially having Steven Taylor and Phillipe Senderos in the same defensive line somehow strikes me as ridiculously funny.