Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest je85

Stoke'll end up snapping up Zigic, he's ideal to stand on the 6 yard box for the throws.

This is completely theoretical, but would anyone take Oba back?

No. Wasn't good enough when he was here, why should he be good enough now?

He wasn't good enough in his first two seasons?

If we did buy Martins back we'd have to pay at least £10m surely?  I'm sure there's better players out there for that money.

I think £8m would get him.

Then again, i'd probably rather we went for someone else.

Agree - headless chicken who has been WELL sussed in the Bundesliga ; wouldn't touch him with a barge-pole.

Agree - headless chicken who has been WELL sussed in the Bundesliga ; wouldn't touch him with a barge-pole.

6 goals in 6 starts, sounds like defenders have had a right laugh with him.

Please, do your research instead of just posting the nonsense that lingers inside your head all of the time.

Sadly we are still lacking:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1271/blackpowersalutejpg.jpg

Doesn't matter WHAT colour the power is and we have enough of that up front with Carroll.

We need skills and pace not just power....

Guest sicko2ndbest

Sadly we are still lacking:

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1271/blackpowersalutejpg.jpg

Amen! :)

Seriously though, i think Carroll and Shola will be 2 target men, backed up with Loven plus one more.

Someone mobile, pacey, tricky would be ideal

Keane?

Dindane?

Please, do your research instead of just posting the nonsense that lingers inside your head all of the time.

I'm afraid its YOU that has a monopoly on 'nonsense lingering in the head' - you had a long-running battle with macca recently, and you got more hysterical and detached from reality with every posting but you have exceeded yourself with this - If Martins was the stunning success you make him out to be, why was it that the Germans didn't play him ALL the time...6 MATCHES ? You use this as a yardstick for his success, but obviously the manager of his team was not as impressed as you and not surprisingly - German sides demand FAR more than a flash in the pan every few games, they want CONSISTENCY, something Martins has consistently failed to produce over a period of more than one season. They also want a good first touch, not that of someone who couldn't trap a medicine ball..!

If I were you, I would learn from that age-old saying - engage brain before operating mouth - do us all a favour and learn a bit about football, something NUFC fans were once famous for.

Agree with Ronaldo. If we had a team capable of using Oba properly it would be devastating.

He was great here in the first couple of seasons. Funnily enough when we eliminated any creativity from the midfield he started 'playing badly'.

He may not be an out and out goalscorer (although roughly 1 in 3 career aint bad at all) but he gives an extra dimension to our play. Lightning fast counter attacks.

I'd love to think the traditional big man little man combo would work but that's not always the case. Still, Carrol CF and Martins ST would well well IMO.

Needless to say, I doubt he would come back or we would bring him back. If he came back I'd be delighted.

And in response to Merlin above, they have Dzeko and Grafite who have been absolutely lethal together, why break that up?

Guest geordienorway

I'm afraid its YOU that has a monopoly on 'nonsense lingering in the head' - you had a long-running battle with macca recently, and you got more hysterical and detached from reality with every posting but you have exceeded yourself with this - If Martins was the stunning success you make him out to be, why was it that the Germans didn't play him ALL the time...6 MATCHES ? You use this as a yardstick for his success, but obviously the manager of his team was not as impressed as you and not surprisingly - German sides demand FAR more than a flash in the pan every few games, they want CONSISTENCY, something Martins has consistently failed to produce over a period of more than one season. They also want a good first touch, not that of someone who couldn't trap a medicine ball..!

If I were you, I would learn from that age-old saying - engage brain before operating mouth - do us all a favour and learn a bit about football, something NUFC fans were once famous for.

Because Dzeko and Grafite are two of the best goalscorers out there. Oba is in his first season in a league that is completely different from what he is used to. He hasn't been a stunning success, and I don't think anyone is disputing that. However, to say he's been a flop is taking it to far imo.

His record 6 league starts 2 league goals. Both goals were scored in one game so games scored in when starting is 1 in 6 games.