Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Guest Petay

Has anyone suggested Christian Benitez or Adel Taarabt?  Both I feel are highly attainable considering both our budget and transfer policy.  Would be especially keen on Benitez as he's had a season to get used to English football.

Martin Petrov , De Guzman and Pogatetz who are all out of contract.

Martin Petrov? Yes please! Probably on epic wages though.

Chucho Benitez is a very strange man. Kind of like Martins mkII.

Guest Petay

I'd say he's more Bellamy like, he seems to set up players more than Martins.  Don't forget lots of top quality strikers have had eminently forgetable first seasons, he's done enough to make Blues fans really like him.

Benitez looks really promising - hasn't scored many but had a great scoring record in mexico. not really like martins except superficially as benitez's strongest points are movement, link play and creativity, whereas oba was better in the box. he's done wonders for cameron jerome this season. reminds me of bellamy a bit - can see him scoring more, a bit like bellamy after a tough season at coventry.

seems petay beat me on the bellamy comparison...

Vaughan is made of glass, and isn't really a goal getter. I'd sooner we signed Johnny Vaughan.

(not really)

ok, don't buy him then. I'm happy with a most-of-the-time-injury-free-squad tbh.

Guest Petay

Benitez = good signing, glad we all agree and I don't have to liken you to chicken botherers.

So what is the verdict on Taarabt, a tad slow, but has a killer pass on him is my view, also seems to come across as a bit of a tit.

Big Eck is trying re-negotiate the Benitez fee that was agreed if everything worked out.

Any idea how much it was?

The Brum Mail: Blues could be ready to try and negotiate a lesser asking price. Santos Laguna, his loaning club, are demanding between $8-$10 million

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2010/05/03/christian-benitez-scores-but-birmingham-city-permanent-deal-still-up-in-the-air-97319-26363606/

Benitez = good signing, glad we all agree and I don't have to liken you to chicken botherers.

So what is the verdict on Taarabt, a tad slow, but has a killer pass on him is my view, also seems to come across as a bit of a tit.

WarCock said he has built the QPR team around him but reckons no PL team will do that.

Guest Petay

WarCock said he has built the QPR team around him but reckons no PL team will do that.

He also said he's going for 4.5 million and they can't afford that, so he won't be there next season.  That seems a reasonalbe price to me for a player of his age with undoubted quality.

Roberts would be more effective than some people realise. He'd be like Le Sib MK#2.

Gave Arsenal the run-around today like, though they were hardly on top form.

Big Eck is trying re-negotiate the Benitez fee that was agreed if everything worked out.

Any idea how much it was?

The Brum Mail: Blues could be ready to try and negotiate a lesser asking price. Santos Laguna, his loaning club, are demanding between $8-$10 million

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/birmingham-city-fc/birmingham-city-fc-news/2010/05/03/christian-benitez-scores-but-birmingham-city-permanent-deal-still-up-in-the-air-97319-26363606/

I have no idea how much that is :lol:

I would be happy to spend all our money on a good forward and central midfielder with a few free's to fill the rest of the squad, for instance:

Keepers: Harper, Krul, Forster

Right backs: S Taylor, Simpson

Centre backs: Colo, Williamson, Scharner, Senderos

Left backs: Enrique, Kadar

Left wing: Jonas, Ledley

Centre mid: Guthrie, Nolan, Barton, Reo-Coker, Vuckic

Right wing: Routledge, R Taylor

Forwards: Shola, Carroll, Benitez, Lovenkrands, Ranger

Not massively happy with the right wing and would be a little concerned still with CM but the rest is "ok" for the first season back.