Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2010

Thespence

Bouma will be released by Aston Villa this summer. Is he any good? He can play LB and CB, can't he? Never really seen him play...

Don't think he has much for the last two years?

I have vague memory of him being immense for Villa 2 or 3 years ago. Would be a huge gamble considering his injury problems, but if he could overcome the problems he would be an asset for any PL team.

Another one from the comedy site, interesting though as a. i have never heard of him and b. naming a date so we wont wait long to see he is wrong ;D

06 May 2010 00:43:37

NUFC is to announce tomorrow the signing of US goalkeeper prospect Earl Edwards, who many compare to Tim Howard.

Anyone know this lad who undoubtedly wont be here tomorrow based on that sites accuracy? Mike?

18, played for the US under 17's team, that's all I could find with a quick search.

Never heard of him, but that's usual for goalies here. There's too many good ones to keep track of.

Another one from the comedy site, interesting though as a. i have never heard of him and b. naming a date so we wont wait long to see he is wrong ;D

06 May 2010 00:43:37

NUFC is to announce tomorrow the signing of US goalkeeper prospect Earl Edwards, who many compare to Tim Howard.

Anyone know this lad who undoubtedly wont be here tomorrow based on that sites accuracy? Mike?

:lol: :lol:

Guest je85

Id really love it if we went for Stephen Ireland, would add a lot of creativity and class to the side. Im sure his name has been mentioned before.

Every club from 7th down would be after him I'd think.

Id really love it if we went for Stephen Ireland, would add a lot of creativity and class to the side. Im sure his name has been mentioned before.

Every club from 7th down would be after him I'd think.

And he will only want to join a club from 7th up.

Surely Ireland is too good for us? Would absolutely love to sign him though, class act and a nutter, but in a funny way.

djmattis, I'd definitely take Markus Berg :thup:

Surely Ireland is too good for us? Would absolutely love to sign him though, class act and a nutter, but in a funny way.

djmattis, I'd definitely take Markus Berg :thup:

Not Berg, he's out of depth. Had a very good U21 EC last summer, but not at all what we need. Plus I'd guess his confidence is very low atm.

Zoran Tosic has done well at FC Koeln in the Bundesliga, on loan from Man Utd. Would be good cover on the wing if Man U were willing to loan him out to a Prem League club to gain experience.

I think Tosic has stated that he wants to stay in Germany.

Melchiot a free in the summer?

Have thought about this before actually, just never put it in here because it doesn't fit the "guidelines" that were set out before.  Would take him to replace Simpson in a heartbeat.

What's Gudjohnsen's situation (apart from being a Nazi), are Spurs planning on taking him permenantly.

If they are not, he'd be a class above anything we have.

Has looked a shadow of his former self since he joined. Sure he's a good player to have in the hole behind the strikers, but a Monaco reject? No thanks.

Park Joo-Young is a better Gudjohnsen than Gudjohnsen right now.

Actually think Gudjohnsen's done all right with us. Nowhere near what he was, but still tidy and did exactly what we wanted of him. Not a first-choice Prem player any more though, and Monaco have been playing silly buggers. I suspect that if he is available then we'll take him.

If Villa are releasing Bouma, then I think we can safely assume his career (at this level at least) is sadly over.