Ronaldo

M4

I did actually come in thinking it was one for Cristiano. :lol:

Nobody thinks Cristiano has surpassed him then?

Cristiano is more consistent tbf to him, but i dont think he ever will be at the level Ronaldo was at his best.

Its actually a shame Ronaldo was injured so many times as he could have been more than he was and on that same token its a bordering on miracle that he came back from so many of those ridiculous injuries he got.

Absolutely unstoppable in his day while Cristiano as good as a goalscorer he is the bigger teams can stop him.

I don't think they're the same type, but even if they were the real Ronaldo was ahead as a footballer. His problem was injuries which kept his peak for a short period of time, but at his peak he was a much better footballer.

Cristiano is more consistent tbf to him, but i dont think he ever will be at the level Ronaldo was at his best.

Its actually a shame Ronaldo was injured so many times as he could have been more than he was and on that same token its a bordering on miracle that he came back from so many of those ridiculous injuries he got.

Absolutely unstoppable in his day while Cristiano as good as a goalscorer he is the bigger teams can stop him.

Consistent in terms of being fit, but I don't think I saw many games where Ronaldo disappears and we have to remember that his biggest trait was being a big-game player. Hattrick at Old Trafford, brace in a World Cup final etc.

Not a chance Brazilian Ronaldo is unarguably better than Cristiano Ronaldo like :lol:

I like how it's suddenly hip to play down Cristiano's ability because Messi has burst onto the scene ahead of him.

Not unarguably in the sense of Cristiano being light years behind actual Ronaldo, but in terms of footballing ability the latter is clearly superior.

Not a chance Brazilian Ronaldo is unarguably better than Cristiano Ronaldo like :lol:

I like how it's suddenly hip to play down Cristiano's ability because Messi has burst onto the scene ahead of him.

Disagree - it's got nothing to do with playing up or down Cronaldo's ability. Simply that Ronaldo was so ridiculously far ahead and I struggle to believe that anyone who saw him pre-injury would think otherwise...

Consistent in terms of being fit, but I don't think I saw many games where Ronaldo disappears and we have to remember that his biggest trait was being a big-game player. Hattrick at Old Trafford, brace in a World Cup final etc.

Oh for sure, but fitness all comes under the same category.

I know who i would choose, just saying that CR deserves respect for his almost robotic consistency of goalscoring..... even if those goals like i have mentioned in the past don't really lead to trophies.

Not unarguably in the sense of Cristiano being light years behind actual Ronaldo, but in terms of footballing ability the latter is clearly superior.

The Ronaldo is clearly the more talented player with the ball at his feet like, you cannot argue that Cristiano's physique is the major reason for his talent.

The Ronaldo is clearly the more talented player with the ball at his feet like, you cannot argue that Cristiano's physique is the major reason for his talent.

Ronaldo at his prime had unbelievable phsyique as well. Ronaldo at his prime was everything Cristiano is and more. Although what makes CRonaldo so unbelievable is the fact hat he's been doing it week in week out for so many years now. But I'm sure we wouldn't be having this discussion if Ronaldo didn't fuck his knee up and stay out of the game for 2 years. No player does that and comes back in less than six months to win a World Cup as well as be the top scorer. I mean even when he got fat without the speed and all he was scoring in the La Liga, Serie A and then back in Brazil all this with like 20kg overweight.

I would take Cristiano over him. The consistency, the work ethic, the professionalism; these are his underrated characteristics.

Ronaldo in his prime was awesome but if I could take one player for his career or even a five year stretch, there's no doubt that it'd be Cristiano.

Guest Sir_Frank_Pingle

Best player I've ever seen - I missed a part of a Uni trip to Italy way back to see him play for Inter- was worth the bollocking :)

Used to watch any match he was in - unstoppable in his prime :)

I would take Cristiano over him. The consistency, the work ethic, the professionalism; these are his underrated characteristics.

Ronaldo in his prime was awesome but if I could take one player for his career or even a five year stretch, there's no doubt that it'd be Cristiano.

Do agree somewhat with the 2nd part, but that first sentence is clearly what made Ronaldo so great. Ask VI about the difference between Ronaldo and Romario. Ronaldo stayed behind in training to do extra work load and was professional throughout his european career.

Ronaldo at his prime was everything Cristiano is and more

Howay man.

I'm not being biased at all here, I'm actually agreeing that if you had to pick a player I'd probably pick CRonaldo because he has played for plenty of years, but in terms of football I find it extremely harsh to compare Ronaldo to CRonaldo. At his prime Ronaldo won everything, CRonaldo won't even come close to win everything. I mean Cristiano has at this point already played more games than Ronaldo ever did in his career because of injuries. The injuries he suffered in Netherlands and then Italy are injuries that not many players would be able to comeback to normal, and he came back as strong. It's a shame he didn't get the right treatment for hypothyroidism.