Ronaldo

M4

If Shearer was so good why didn't anybody want him all the time he was here? Where was the worldwide demand? In fact where was the Premier league demand? After we bought him at premium rate no club ever showed any significant interest. His best years were before he came here and we bought a busted flush.

If Shearer was so good why didn't anybody want him all the time he was here? Where was the worldwide demand? In fact where was the Premier league demand? After we bought him at premium rate no club ever showed any significant interest. His best years were before he came here and we bought a busted flush.

No we didn't, he was screwed after that day at Everton.

He was at the top of his game when we signed him.

:facepalm: x 100

You are young and naive. All is forgiven.

TRon thinks Shearer was well passed his best when we signed him despite him coming here on the back of 31 league goals in 35 games for Blackburn.

Been here before, the bloke doesn't have a clue.

Why don't you re-read what you just posted and then come back with a retort.

One thing I love about Ronaldo also was how little he seemed to dive and moan. He would get players flying into him but he'd put the priority on evading them, dribbling out of it. Coupled with the way he was always desperate to play again after his injuries, there's a real love for the game at its simplest level.

I Remember when he got that second knee injury with Inter when he just collapsed halfway through a body feint... was just gutted for him.

TRon thinks Shearer was well passed his best when we signed him despite him coming here on the back of 31 league goals in 35 games for Blackburn.

I have and you still don't have a clue.

Guest neesy111

I have and you still don't have a clue.

:lol:

Dave/Admin somebody from RTG has hacked Trons account.

Guest neesy111

Bloody hell.  He thinks I spout some shite. :lol:

Liverpool tried to sign him. And I think the reason there was "no demand" for him because everyone with half a brain cell could see that he wouldn't have wanted to move anyway.

Guest neesy111

Go and read the quotes made about Shearer in his prime from various football figures and you'd realise that he was't that far off Ronaldo.

I think Ronaldo was a class above him, but not much more.

Ronaldo was obviously the better footballer, but Shearer in terms of goals scored and general play made up for that somewhat.  It's a shame Shearer never played in a decent England team as we might of seen him at his true best on International level.

Trons post reminds me of his classic

The last time we got promoted from this division I think we won our first 10 games. I don't think we finished champions even then ridiculous though that now seems.

:lol:

ZING

Dave/Admin somebody from RTG has hacked Trons account.

right....because someone who loves the club can't see beyond Shearer? :lol:

Shearer wasn't even the best Geordie to play for Newcastle in the last 20 years. Gazza and Beardsely were much better and Waddle too if he can be counted being a Mackem at heart. Those guys played for us at their prime, not once they'd blown their best years elsewhere.

Go and read the quotes made about Shearer in his prime from various football figures and you'd realise that he was't that far off Ronaldo.

Ronaldo was obviously the better footballer, but Shearer in terms of goals scored and general play made up for that somewhat.  It's a shame Shearer never played in a decent England team as we might of seen him at his true best on International level.

just shut it, mate.

Guest neesy111

Liverpool tried to sign him. And I think the reason there was "no demand" for him because everyone with half a brain cell could see that he wouldn't have wanted to move anyway.

Fergy asked Bobby a few times as well about him, Bobby told him where to go obviously.

Guest neesy111

Ronaldo was obviously the better footballer, but Shearer in terms of goals scored and general play made up for that somewhat.  It's a shame Shearer never played in a decent England team as we might of seen him at his true best on International level.

just shut it, mate.

Why?