Bridge withdraws from England Squad

Minhosa

Bridge is a fucking tit. Anyone who plays football for the love of football wouldn't pass up the opportunity to play at a World Cup, especially when we have a good chance of winning it. He clearly just plays for the money aspects of it though, because crying off about this shizzle is just bent. If I was Bridge I'd want to prove I was worth more to the squad than Terry, not quit.

I hope the two of them get stick everywhere they go now just for going on like a couple of sex offenders.

Bridge is a fucking tit. Anyone who plays football for the love of football wouldn't pass up the opportunity to play at a World Cup, especially when we have a good chance of winning it. He clearly just plays for the money aspects of it though, because crying off about this shizzle is just bent. If I was Bridge I'd want to prove I was worth more to the squad than Terry, not quit.

I hope the two of them get stick everywhere they go now just for going on like a couple of sex offenders.

How many kids have you got heza?

Bridge is a f***ing tit. Anyone who plays football for the love of football wouldn't pass up the opportunity to play at a World Cup, especially when we have a good chance of winning it. He clearly just plays for the money aspects of it though, because crying off about this shizzle is just bent. If I was Bridge I'd want to prove I was worth more to the squad than Terry, not quit.

None, darling.

Bridge is a f***ing tit. Anyone who plays football for the love of football wouldn't pass up the opportunity to play at a World Cup, especially when we have a good chance of winning it. He clearly just plays for the money aspects of it though, because crying off about this shizzle is just bent. If I was Bridge I'd want to prove I was worth more to the squad than Terry, not quit.

None.

Your answer to this will be hypothetical anyway therefore but..... Suppose you had a kid, and one of your mates from work got the mother pregnant (irrespective of the fact you were no longer together) and then gave her the money to have an abortion to stop you finding out. Would you still be his mate and or want to work directly alongside him?

Then when you found out the lengths Terry went to to prevent it coming out (using his money to gag the press) would that situation not make you even more annoyed?

I know some people will find this hard to grasp, but football & the World Cup isn't the be all and end all. Footballers have retired from international football before & therefore missed international tournaments because of despite the fact they could have gone, Bridge just has more reason than most & in this instance doesn't have to justify his decision to anyone.

EDIT: Did you just think to add in the "darling" when you were correcting your quoting fuck up? :p

:nope:

None.

Your answer to this will be hypothetical anyway therefore but.....  Suppose you had a kid, and one of your mates from work got the mother pregnant (irrespective of the fact you were no longer together) and then gave her the money to have an abortion to stop you finding out.  Would you still be his mate and or want to work directly alongside him?

Then when you found out the lengths Terry went to to prevent it coming out (using his money to gag the press) would that situation not make you even more annoyed?

I know some people will find this hard to grasp, but football & the World Cup isn't the be all and end all.  Footballers have retired from international football before & therefore missed international tournaments because of despite the fact they could have gone, Bridge just has more reason than most & in this instance doesn't have to justify his decision to anyone.

EDIT: Did you just think to add in the "darling" when you were correcting your quoting f*** up? :p

Don't get me wrong Terry is the biggest cunt in all this, and you do have a point I'd probably kick the shit out of the person at work, get sacked and still want to kill him. So in normal circumstances, I totally agree.

The point for me is, that every kid dreams of playing in a World Cup when they're younger, he has the chance to make this dream a reality and he's the one that will suffer and regret this decision later on in life. Especially if we were to win it. The past is the past and the nowt can change what's happened.

It's not the same classing an everyday circumstance with these fuckers, because as much as I may enjoy my job, it's never been my dream to work there.

Again, I suppose I'm working on the assumption that it's his dream to play at the World Cup.

Would be great if he broke Terry's leg today and went to the World Cup though. Morally....but obviously it wouldn't help our chances of winning it.

I overlooked the details of the story tbf, nevertheless. Don't think he's as much of a tit now, cheers Liam O'.

EDIT: ...darling xxx

Guest Roger Kint
You seem to think I am incapable of using the quote function. I hope this is evidence that I can.

You do realise that a) i didnt say that at all, it was someone else and b) you quoted the wrong post to prove you could quote?

:mackems:

Now the rest of your rubbish

As for my answer to Ronaldo's quote, it doesnt take einstein to work out what I was getting at. Someone who believes a player, who is apparently past his best, is the best left back in the country ahead of someone like Ashley Cole, who is currently playing for the best team in England, probably one of the best four teams in the world and is courted by the best two teams in the world whilst obviously being the favoured left back for his country, even though he is injured, really does need a reality check. Yes, I know what squads mean and the only intelligence you insult with inane comments like that are your own. If you wish to discuss the matter further, bring it to PM. I will be happy to teach you more.

As Ronaldo and others have said that quote you refer to is in you imagination, we cant help you with those demons sadly.

The only thing you are teaching me is that you make less sense the more you speak. I would agree that having to break down Ronaldo's one sentence on several occasions just to help you understand it insults my own intellegence but sadly i tried to take oe for the team to help you. Silly me eh?

Ronaldo

I have no serioius problems at all. Read between the lines. I was using Cole as an example of a player not past his best and still representing the country.

Wayne Bridge would still be in Capello's squad for the WC if it were not for his decision to call time on his international career.

This would indicate that Capello, like just about anyone else in charge of a national football team, only picks players who are NOT past their best. This is why your comment about Bridge being past his best is just plain incorrect

Maybe I didnt make myself clear enough for you. Hope this helps you now.

Dense.

But trying to sound really clever. :lol:

This.

Guest Stephen927

Love the way Bridge mugged Terry off. Don't think I would have been able to walk past him without saying anything, so fair play to the lad for getting on with it professionally.

Guest Stephen927

Terry comes out saying he is going to offer his hand as it's club policy to do it before home games, making it sound as though he isn't too fussed if Bridge does it or not. Coudl tell he expected it cos they both moved on like it was nothing.

Guest toonlass

I liked he way Bridge just ignored Terry's hand completely. These people saying Bridge should not be ruling himself out of the World Cup are missing the point altogether. Terry has made a huge moral mistake by shagging the mother of Bridge's child and it obviously has hurt Wayne Bridge (whether him and his missus were together or not), John Terry was his best friend. Not just someone who he knows at work but his best mate. Add into that if Wayne Bridge went to the World Cup he would have to spend 6 weeks or so with John Terry in the squad. Does anyone honestly think that is going to make for the best squad morale in the world if Bridge couldn't stomach being there, having to spend 6 weeks in close proximity to his ex-best friend. Of course it would divide the squad, people would have to choose where their loyalties lay and that would fuck the whole team spirit up. If you ask me Bridge has done the right thing by withdrawing, he would be in no fit mental state to spend all that time with Terry and probably feels that his presence could have a detrimental effect on the team spirit, and on his own ability to perform as a defender. I really feel sorry for him.

I liked he way Bridge just ignored Terry's hand completely.

He got some disgusting stick by the Chelse peabrain department, and it seems Bridge is laughing last !

But must admit, I found the Chelsea fans behaviour way beyond dispicable

Talk Spurt commentators were revolted - it was as if Bridge was the guilty party.

Well, the Chelsea fans got what they deserved from this game.

And it makes you wonder if Englands game would suffer likewise.

Guest jonlane86

Anyone else thinking that it is Capello's job as England manager to get them sat in a room together and sort out their differences like adults?  Then they can release a joint statement in the style of "we want to put the whole issue behind us".

Anyone else thinking that it is Capello's job as England manager to get them sat in a room together and sort out their differences like adults?  Then they can release a joint statement in the style of "we want to put the whole issue behind us".

Gordon Taylor said on SSN that the FA invited both players to a meeting by letter and neither responded.

No.  It's Bridge's decision to make and if he doesn't want to play alongside/speak to Terry ever again it has fuck all to do with Capello.