Bridge withdraws from England Squad

Minhosa

Not surprised that one of them has decided to drop out to avoid it becoming an issue within the squad & I'm equally not surprised that Terry isn't the one who has done it.

We all know Terry is a first class cunt, wouldn't expect anything else from him.

This is why the issue of Terry being captain was a non-discussion. The question should have been whether Terry should be in the squad at all.

TBH they should both be able to be professionals and play together, but it does sound like Bridge is devastated so I'm not going to judge that too harshly.

Fair play to Bridge for putting England's success above personal interest, he's avoiding any issues around the squad that the press would no-doubt feast on come the WC. If I was him I would be gutted.

Why is Bridge kicking up a fuss though?  If someone was shagging my ex, I couldn't care less.

Cause he feels sorry for himself.  He's an absolute tit, should have stayed and done his all for his country.  The pinnacle of his career and all that and he's let big meathead Terry ruin it for him.  You don't have to like each other to play in a team. 

Why is Bridge kicking up a fuss though?  If someone was shagging my ex, I couldn't care less.

This is what puzzles me too, what difference does it make to him what she does after he leaves her? Unless that was the reason he left her, don't suppose we'll ever know (and who the feck cares anyway). Also it can't be the first time this has happened in the history of football.

On a football note the defence is looking dodgy though, Ferdinand dodgy, Cole dodgy, Johnson dodgy. They're building Rooney up for a huge fall anarl.

he claims that it might disrupt the unity of the squad.  There's 21 others aside from Terry and himself, some of whom won't give a fuck about whats going on.

His job is to play football.  As strict as Capello might be, there's no rule saying he and Terry have to sit next to each other at meal times or on the bus or whatever.  Surely he could maintain a level of professionalism and set aside whats gone on for 90 (or god forbid 120) minutes at a time.  And even then, with Cole fit, its unlikely they'll even be on the fucking pitch half the time.

he claims that it might disrupt the unity of the squad.  There's 21 others aside from Terry and himself, some of whom won't give a fuck about whats going on.

His job is to play football.  As strict as Capello might be, there's no rule saying he and Terry have to sit next to each other at meal times or on the bus or whatever.  Surely he could maintain a level of professionalism and set aside whats gone on for 90 (or god forbid 120) minutes at a time.  And even then, with Cole fit, its unlikely they'll even be on the fucking pitch half the time.

I think its naive to think that there wont be factions within the squad who'll side one way or the other.

Bridge might just want to give Terry a good kicking. What if it all came to a head Bowyer/Dyer style in a match if one or the other critisizes the others performance?

Bridge has made the right choice on the back of Terry being a complete cunt.

To be honest, Bridge isn't as good as he's made out to be.  I don't think he's been that great for a few years actually.  He's default number 2 at left back for England but we should be looking to find a better one.

Could Barry go back to playing left back for England? we have lots of central midfielders like Carrick who could cover his role.

Cant help but think Bridge'll look back on this decision in a few years time with huge regret.

Probably only if we win the World Cup like.  Other wise perhaps he thinks he is doing England a favour because he can't control his emotions around John Terry?

To be fair, if a friend and former work colleague was smashing your g/f in your bed at home while your kid is around you would probably hate that person so much that you would want to smash there face in.  Not so easy to say "come on lads, shake hands and now crack on playing for England".

he claims that it might disrupt the unity of the squad.  There's 21 others aside from Terry and himself, some of whom won't give a f*** about whats going on.

His job is to play football.  As strict as Capello might be, there's no rule saying he and Terry have to sit next to each other at meal times or on the bus or whatever.  Surely he could maintain a level of professionalism and set aside whats gone on for 90 (or god forbid 120) minutes at a time.  And even then, with Cole fit, its unlikely they'll even be on the f***ing pitch half the time.

I think its naive to think that there wont be factions within the squad who'll side one way or the other.

Bridge might just want to give Terry a good kicking. What if it all came to a head Bowyer/Dyer style in a match if one or the other critisizes the others performance?

Bridge has made the right choice on the back of Terry being a complete c***.

If he's unable to control himself, and not kick the fuck out of terry mid-game, then he wants to have a word with himself.

Cant help but think Bridge'll look back on this decision in a few years time with huge regret.

Probably only if we win the World Cup like.  Other wise perhaps he thinks he is doing England a favour because he can't control his emotions around John Terry?

To be fair, if a friend and former work colleague was smashing your g/f in your bed at home while your kid is around you would probably hate that person so much that you would want to smash there face in.  Not so easy to say "come on lads, shake hands and now crack on playing for England".

I'd let John Terry shag me if I could play for England at the WC, man!

I'd let John Terry shag me if I could play for England at the WC, man!

:lol:

This has got to be bad for England team morale to be honest.

The choice is do we want better team spirit without Terry in the team, or worse team spirit with Terry in the team.

Personally I think Terry isn't cut out for European level, let alone international plus he is off form. Therefore I'd drop him.

The choice is do we want better team spirit without Terry in the team, or worse team spirit with Terry in the team.

Personally I think Terry isn't cut out for European level, let alone international plus he is off form. Therefore I'd drop him.

Off form Terry >>>> Bridge sitting on the bench.

God, you talk some balls.

Of which Bridge has asked a court for him to pay less in child maintenance because of what happened with Terry

This was from here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1250735/Wayne-Bridges-lawyers-ask-disclosure-Vanessa-Perroncels-income-size-Terry-payoff.html

This sounds fair enough to me. If a child's mother's income and/or means has changed, then the father is entitled to a re-assessment of his contribution.

Of which Bridge has asked a court for him to pay less in child maintenance because of what happened with Terry

This was from here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1250735/Wayne-Bridges-lawyers-ask-disclosure-Vanessa-Perroncels-income-size-Terry-payoff.html

This sounds fair enough to me. If a child's mother's income and/or means has changed, then the father is entitled to a re-assessment of his contribution.

And she did just get several hundred grand from Terry to stop her from selling her story.

The problem is that, for a World Cup, the squad will be living with one another 24/7 for six weeks or more. That's more than enough time for any tensions to fester, and factions to develop.

The trouble is, we don't know enough about the exact circumstances. If Terry had begun the relationship two years after the couple had split, then one could perhaps ask Bridge to bite the bullet. As it is, Terry's relationship seemed to begin at almost the same time as the split, and that's bound to be a very uncomfortable feeling for Bridge.

I think Bridge has made the right decision for the sake of squad harmony, but I've felt from the start that Capello should have booted Terry out of the squad, as well as the captaincy. I can't help but feel that the fact that Terry is the more important player on the pitch has influenced Capello. If Bridge had been shagging Terry's ex, I do wonder whether the decision would have been the same.

I'm not convinced that the players will back Terry here. Not all of them anyway. By all accounts, Bridge was quite a popular member of the squad, and Terry's behaviour won't have impressed many.