Newcastle United 6 - 1 Barnsley - 06/03/10 - post match reaction from page 18

Nate

Guest guinness_fiend

Re: we should all get behind Ashley and stop being horrid to him - I wonder if the Liverpool Yanks and the Glazers have considered this as a PR exercise. Decimate the club, get them relegated, win a few matches in the CCC and they will find the Man Utd/Liverpool fans will be tripping over themselves to tell each other what a brilliant job they're doing all of a sudden.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Yfn64ncD7YQ/SvRDX3qqWzI/AAAAAAAAADQ/R81zkrrZtfM/s400/broken_record.jpg

Still in the Championship aren't we?

Can I get a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind?!

Guest toonlass

Re: we should all get behind Ashley and stop being horrid to him - I wonder if the Liverpool Yanks and the Glazers have considered this as a PR exercise. Decimate the club, get them relegated, win a few matches in the CCC and they will find the Man Utd/Liverpool fans will be tripping over themselves to tell each other what a brilliant job they're doing all of a sudden.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Yfn64ncD7YQ/SvRDX3qqWzI/AAAAAAAAADQ/R81zkrrZtfM/s400/broken_record.jpg

Aye, they don't tend to allow teams to go back up until the end of the season.

BUT WE SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN DOWN HERE! WE SHOULDA BACKED KEEGAN, NO SHEARER!

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Kadar looks more steady at LB than Van Rental ever did!

Is that a joke?

No. Its an observation.

I thought Kadar would be steady when he came on but we would lose something going forward with Enrique going off. I was pleasantly surprised to see Kadar overlapping at every opportunity and playing himself out of tight spots with a swagger and confidence which belied his years. Everything about his composure and performance said the first team is where I am comfortable and want to be. Not why am I here, I am still too young.

It was great to see and one of the highlights of the day IMO

Kadar looks more steady at LB than Van Rental ever did!

Is that a joke?

No. Its an observation.

And that's based on an hour's football, most of which against ten men? Have a word.

yes and ok...."Kadar looks more steady at LB than Van Rental ever did!"

Didn't realise Lovenkrands had said it shouldn't have been a penalty.

Barnsley boss Mark Robins:

"The disappointment was the sending-off, because that was the pivotal moment in the game.

It's dubious whether there was any contact made, but I am told by the referee now that the rule is that it's a trip or an attempt to trip in the penalty area, so I don't know.

The goalkeeper tells me he didn't make any contact and Peter Lovenkrands confirmed that after the game. He never touched him, but he had to go down."

Afaik, Lovens just said there was no contact, not that it wasn't a penalty. :shrug:

Guest neesy111

i was more happy about us not hoofing it and playing some football, u knew they would collapse after we got the first

Guest fraser

Great second-half. The team took full advantage of the man advantage and thought Guthrie looked good in the extra yard of space.

Very disappointed with the FLS this weekend. I thought we would have proper extended highlights, but they rushed through the goals really wuickly and that was it.

It seems like they only send people to do live commentary at 1, sometimes 2 games.  The game thats being covered is always the one with the longest highlights, for example our game against Watford.  All the others are just narrated over the top, which I suppose is fair enough considering they have the rattle through 3 leagues and fit in time to 'analyse' and read out silly texts and emails.