Middlesbrough vs Newcastle United - 13/03/10 - pre-match thread

Stifler

Guest Roger Kint

I know loads of people who are going in the home end. They're not likely to cause any trouble, so I don't really see the issue. It's not like they are taking up seats that boro fans would normally use.

Thats clearly not the point

Guest Phil K

I know loads of people who are going in the home end. They're not likely to cause any trouble, so I don't really see the issue. It's not like they are taking up seats that boro fans would normally use.

All it takes is one or two big mouths to drag the rest in.

Guest Roger Kint

The people I'm talking about aren't the biggest singers or rowdiest anyway, so I'm 99% sure they'll be well behaved.

Have you stopped to consider that the boro fans around them may not care how placid they are? This may be a shock but there has been unprovoked attacks on people before in this country.

Guest toonlass

The people I'm talking about aren't the biggest singers or rowdiest anyway, so I'm 99% sure they'll be well behaved.

Have you stopped to consider that the boro fans around them may not care how placid they are? This may be a shock but there has been unprovoked attacks on people before in this country.

If they get any hint that they are Newcastle fans you can guarantee that the smoggies will cause a scene. The time I was in the home end there was a loud mouthed smoggie lass who was shouting abuse at the Newcastle fans and the Middlesbrough stewards because the Newcastle fans were walking down a set of steps that normally Boro fans can walk down. She was going mental, despite the Newcastle fans not doing anything. They have massive, massive chips on their shoulders.

Guest Roger Kint

If they get any hint that they are Newcastle fans you can guarantee that the smoggies will cause a scene. The time I was in the home end there was a loud mouthed smoggie lass who was shouting abuse at the Newcastle fans and the Middlesbrough stewards because the Newcastle fans were walking down a set of steps that normally Boro fans can walk down. She was going mental, despite the Newcastle fans not doing anything. They have massive, massive chips on their shoulders.

Exactly, its sad but thats the sort of thing which can cause a big problem for stewards, police and most importantly innocent fans

Guest icemanblue

:lol:

Why the fuck do you care man?

Hindu, tell your mates not to bother. Roger isn't having any of it.

Guest Roger Kint

Where are they from?

Two from Durham, one from Bishop Auckland, and a couple from Tynemouth. They aren't all sitting together though.

You would be surprised how easy it is to tell mind, what if boro score for example. Good luck to them though

Where are they from?

Two from Durham, one from Bishop Auckland, and a couple from Tynemouth. They aren't all sitting together though.

You would be surprised how easy it is to tell mind, what if boro score for example. Good luck to them though

if Boro score, stand up and just clap, you don't have to go mental.  Plenty of people at our games don't manage much more than that anyway.

Guest Roger Kint

My bristol tickets have come today anyone else got unreserved seating on there's ...

They all are

True. They hate us with a passion, probably more than they love their own team. They'll not think twice about setting about any Toon fans, regardless of what they're doing. This is their cup final. Saddos that they are.

Guest jeffers09

My bristol tickets have come today anyone else got unreserved seating on there's ...

They all are

Is it a terrace or somethink

you just stand where there is space?

Thanks to the NUFC ticket office scapping the loyalty points system and me not realising there's 4 of us in with the home fans on Saturday. I have relatives who live in Stockton and they have sorted our tickets out and apparently we're in the West Stand but quite near the Newcastle supporters and we will be celebrating if/when we score. Wouldn't be suprised if there's a few thousand Newcastle fans in the home sections which makes a bit of a mockery of their decision only to give us 3,600 tickets for safety reasons.

How many points ya got out of interest? Know a few people with about a hundred who aren't happy at all

97 points mate. Haven't been knocked back for an away ticket since our first ever visit to the stadium of light. Sat in the home end then which was pretty difficult with us going 2-0 up and then them coming back to draw 2-2.

Extra allocation went on sale last week to 25+ points and then down to 10+ after a few days. It is s*** that the loyalty scheme wasn't used from the off but you could have still got them after they originally f***ed you over.

Not possible as I was in Holland for three days last week and the extra tickets were put on sale and sold whilst I was away and  I knew nothing about it. Plus my relatives in Stockton had already aquired me tickets in the home section.

Guest Roger Kint

They all are

Yeah was the same at Blackpools ground in September. The trick is this time to not get there late as its got some restricted views as well

They all are

Yeah was the same at Blackpools ground in September. The trick is this time to not get there late as its got some restricted views as well

It's all restricted view due to their being posts all along the front of the stand holding the roof up.

Guest Roger Kint

They all are

It's all restricted view due to their being posts all along the front of the stand holding the roof up.

Well not all from the pics i have seen, obviously you would need to be near the front for a good view

Guest michaelfoster

Dont know if this has been posted

NUFC: Chris Hughton will make a decision on Friday whether Jose Enrique (hamstring), Wayne Routledge (calf) and Alan Smith (ankle) will feature at the Riverside.

Shola Ameobi, Steven Taylor and Joey Barton all still missing, Barton appearing for 45 minutes earlier this week in a training ground friendly but not in contention for a first-team recall as yet.

Bet you we don't see Barton till the final three or four games.

We'll let our lead slip, it'll go to the final three games of the season, Barton will play and get himself sent off :thup:

Bet you we don't see Barton till the final three or four games.

He could well be on the pitch tomorrow after that behind-closed-door game midweek. Thankfully Hughton (and/or the staff) has decided not to risk him.

If he gets rushed back too early again he'll get injured again - and that would probably be the last thing we would (and should) want.