Stifler

Guest Phil K

Will any Smoggies be there, d'you think ?  :laugh:

Or just 12,000 geordies ?

I'll go for 1-1, or we might just sneak a 2-1 win

According to Statto website:

Middlesbrough are 23rd in the "vs Top Half teams" table

They're 17th best at home

They're 22nd in the # of home goals table.

Boro's most common defeat is 0-1, our joint most common win is 1-0.

I know stats can prove anything, but that makes me feel a little better  :aww:

Guest neesy111

Our allocation for this is an absolute disgrace. What is it? 3,300?

Boro are getting 17,000 at home, we should be given at least 10,000 tickets for this.

Stupid cleveland police no doubt.

they won't want our support, as we could make it like a home game in ways

their is going to be load's of ppl in the home end lyk

A dangerous game for us, by the way. Form goes out of the window and it will be a tight affair. I would not be surprised to see a nil-nil draw here because they are not too bad in defence with the likes of McManus and Wheater whilst their attack seems lightweight judging by them having Lita and Alliadiere up front against Cardiff. McDonald is injured which is a bonus and I wonder what happened to the guy they signed from Aberdeen.Lee Miller. Not  a bad player and dangerous in the air but he doesnt seem to have featured recently for them.

Anyway, I doubt there will be many goals in this one, either a no score draw or a one nil win either way.

Biggest issue with the starting XI is the centre of midfield.  I know Nolan and Guthrie bossed the Barsley game, but I'd be airing on the need for a bit more caution away from home, i.e. having somebody who is a little more defensively orientated.  Or at least getting one of the two to make sure the midfield area is covered at all times.

I think Hughton will revert to 451 for this one with Nolan supporting Carroll up front, Smith returning in midfield with Guthrie and either Pancake or Routledge out wide on the right. The rest as usual.

Its game of the season for them. Reckon we could lose if we're not careful.

Can't predict it because it depends on which version of our team turns up - (5-1 at home to cardiff followed by 3-0 beating at Derby)

Guest The Enforcer

Wouldn't mind getting a ticket in the home end. Never done it before though, how goes it? Just get myself to a cash turnstile and avoid eye contact with everyone?

Its still an ok allocation but I'm guessing they'll have season ticket holders dotted everywhere which will stop any further allocation to the 3,800 we already have.

Don't think they will do behind the goal next to us. We had more tickets last year, and Man Utd had the whole of behind the goal as well.