Middlesbrough vs Newcastle United - 13/03/10 - pre-match thread

Stifler

Is the game in any doubt, ive heard that snow isnt forecast?

Been clear blue skies in Teesside the past few days, have you heard anything or just asking out the blue? First I've heard of any potential threat?

I have heard of tons of Geordies who are either already going or plan to go to sit in home support areas. 

Can't see this being anything other than another win for us, they do seem to carve out plenty of chances in their games but, seem to have a huge problem in finishing.  If Hughton has any sense he will go 4 4 2 for this in the same manner that he does for home games and go for them, if we go ahead early they will crumble!

Clear blue skies in Teesside?

I have been to Teeside today, Guisborough is a very pretty little town.  Such a shame that as I was heading back towards the A19 the whole horizon is dominated by that horrendous skyline that is Middlesbrough and all those ICI places around the outskirts.  Pumping pure filth into the atmosphere.  The ICI factories aren't much better.............

Been clear blue skies in Teesside the past few days, have you heard anything or just asking out the blue? First I've heard of any potential threat?

:doh: :lol:

:doh: :lol:

Woops :lol: living in Stockton atm as well...its been a long day

Guest toonlass

Wouldn't mind getting a ticket in the home end. Never done it before though, how goes it? Just get myself to a cash turnstile and avoid eye contact with everyone?

I did it once when the box office at Newcastle screwed up my ticket allocation. Got a ticket in the Boro end, was ok, but nearly jumped up when Viduka scored. Also didn't help that mates of mine in the Newcastle end were waving at me,  :lol: . All in all a very nervy experience, saw two lads who celebrated Newcastle goals get thrown out, loads of smoggies giving it the "fucking maggie cunts" at our lot, and one bloke who seem he had nothing to throw at us but "At least we don't have grey seats like you lot do!"  :idiot2: It's definitely an experience like.

Wouldn't mind getting a ticket in the home end. Never done it before though, how goes it? Just get myself to a cash turnstile and avoid eye contact with everyone?

I did it once when the box office at Newcastle screwed up my ticket allocation. Got a ticket in the Boro end, was ok, but nearly jumped up when Viduka scored. Also didn't help that mates of mine in the Newcastle end were waving at me,  :lol: . All in all a very nervy experience, saw two lads who celebrated Newcastle goals get thrown out, loads of smoggies giving it the "f***ing maggie c***s" at our lot, and one bloke who seem he had nothing to throw at us but "At least we don't have grey seats like you lot do!"  :idiot2: It's definitely an experience like.

Sounds exactly like I'd think it would be. I'm definitely gonna be bricking it though, wor fatha has a bit of a smoggie-ish accent though so that might help.

Guest toonlass

I did it once when the box office at Newcastle screwed up my ticket allocation. Got a ticket in the Boro end, was ok, but nearly jumped up when Viduka scored. Also didn't help that mates of mine in the Newcastle end were waving at me,  :lol: . All in all a very nervy experience, saw two lads who celebrated Newcastle goals get thrown out, loads of smoggies giving it the "f***ing maggie c***s" at our lot, and one bloke who seem he had nothing to throw at us but "At least we don't have grey seats like you lot do!"  :idiot2: It's definitely an experience like.

Sounds exactly like I'd think it would be. I'm definitely gonna be bricking it though, wor fatha has a bit of a smoggie-ish accent though so that might help.

There was also a bloke who had a Frank Gallagher hairstyle, about 3 teeth in his head (not even sure they were his own) and looked as if he had been bricked, glassed and then have a marching band stand on his face who was dressed in a brown suit which looked like it had been nicked off a tramp, no shirt and his pants were held up with string, and he was absolutely hotching who turned to the Newcastle fans and shouted "You stinking, ugly bunch of fuckers!" I nearly fell over laughing.

Guest jeffers09

Used to sit in the home ends quite alot when i was younger

living in Birmingham i used to struggle to get tickets so i would sit with the Bham,Villa fans quite regulary

Its shit when we score not being able to celebrate and then having to celebrate when the home team scores

Was sitting in the home end at Villa park last season when we went down

Had my hands in my head most of the game  :thdn:

If you sit in the home end, you just be quiet and wear neutral clothing. It's not that hard, surely? ??? I've brought mates along to loads of games at SJP when they've supported the opposition, and never had a sniff of bother.

If you sit in the home end, you just be quiet and wear neutral clothing. It's not that hard, surely? ??? I've brought mates along to loads of games at SJP when they've supported the opposition, and never had a sniff of bother.

We're nice fans though :smug:

I've stood in the Holte End with colours on,and celebrated goals in 93 and 94...and didnt get hoofed out either.And WHL in 93 when Pedro scored his last minute winner!!

I've stood in the Holte End with colours on,and celebrated goals in 93 and 94...and didnt get hoofed out either.And WHL in 93 when Pedro scored his last minute winner!!

No offence intended but there probably wasn't enough stewards around to throw you out tbh.  :lol:

Clock Stand Paddock , Liam  O freekick  :smitten:, went mental , loads of Ryton & Winlaton lads around us I recall giving scum abuse in the seats above , after final whistle a quite few opened coats too reveal toon tops happy days.

I've got a few mates who once went to a Wigan v Chelsea game in the home end, it was the game Beletti scored that rocket, and they spent the whole game abusing the Wigan fans and went mad when Chelsea scored, absolutely nothing happened to them... :lol: :lol: