Bristol City 2 - 2 Newcastle United - 20/03/10 - post match reaction from p26

Dave

Well we definitely need to loan another Centre Back with S.Taylor, Williamson and now Hall all out injured. Hall looked like he'd pulled a hamstring. That only leaves us with Colo and Kadar and no cover. I think the Emergency Loan Transfer window closes this week.

CBA reading through everything but has anyone got footage of the keeper during the lead up and after jonas goal was brilliant

"MAN ON MAN ON MAN ON!!!............SHIIIIT" :lol:

Really gave literal meaning to the phrase ' a game of two halves' that one did. First half we were beyond poor, second half as soon as we got 1 back we dicked them, there was never any doubt we'd get a second. Should've won but I'll take a point after being 2-0 down.

Harper 5 - Was massively at fault for the first goal, those should be bread and butter saves.

Simpson 5 - Poor for the majority, partly at fault for their second would be very scared with him at RB in the Premier League.

Coloccini 6 - Fairly solid

Hall 6 - See colo

Enrique 7 - Looked a bit slow but quality shone through, the lad is pure class.

Routledge 5 - Struggled for a large part of the game, did well with the assist for the equaliser though.

Nolan 5 - Was involved in some neat exchanges, still doesn't do enough away from home for me.

Guthrie 6 - Should've fucking buried his chance before HT. Seems to give us a lot of drive in centre mid when we're attacking, should continue to start every game.

Gutierrez 7 - Jeckyl and hyde. Terrible first half, switches flanks and dicks them second half. Great awareness for the 1st goal, clearly growing in confidence with every game and irritates opposing teams something rotten.

Best 5 - Fucking hell he's never gonna score, great save stopped him winning it for us. Was poor for most of the game though, needs a goal for confidence.

Carroll 7 - Improving all the time, holds the ball up and gets moves going, has a canny cross on him and is very clinical. Deserves to be no9 next season.

Kadar 6 - Looked ver solid and has a good shot on him by the looks of it. Wouldn't be scared if he had to play CB on Tuesday, though we may need an emergency loan in just in case.

Guest BooBoo

Should we get promoted, I'll certainly not miss this Cup Final attitude that most home teams adopt when we come to town. Attendances go up, the atmosphere is like a cup game and completely unheard of players play like their lives depend on it. I'm sure clubs don't act this way when Forest or West Brom roll up.

On another note, what a fantastic celebration to Carrolls goal. The whole team, subs bench and away fans (on the pitch!) celebrated as one. Great to see.

Guest BooBoo

Rumours persist that Rangers pissed the management off with some antics or other. That's just gossip though, dunno whether there's any truth in it.

Rumours persist that Rangers pissed the management off with some antics or other. That's just gossip though, dunno whether there's any truth in it.

If that was the case then why have him on the bench?  Also, should the management not put results before anything else if he hasn't done enough to be dropped totally?

Harper 5 - Awful for their first and didn't fill me with confidence the one or two other chances they had. Looked like he'd rather have been in the tanning salon than on the pitch.

Simpson 6 - Got bummed for their second, did alright otherwise.

Colo 6 - Decent enough, Haynes gave him some food for thought mind.

Hall 6 - Okay until he got crocked.

Enrique 7 - He's still getting back up to speed after his injury. Started poorly (for him, anyway) but after about half an hour he looked close to his best.

Routledge 7 - Always looks like he's on the verge of creating something, good ball for the second. Would really benefit from getting more games in front of Simpson so they develop a bit of an understanding.

Guthrie 6 - Drifted in and out.

Nolan 6 - Probably one of his better games away from home.

Jonas 8 - Man of the match. Great awareness to get the first, ran all day long and just scared the shit out of their defenders when he got the ball. He's brimming with confidence, his crossing is ten times better than it was last year and he's shooting when he gets within range rather than running out of space. He needs to keep this up.

Best 5 - In dire need of a goal to boost his confidence. After he missed a few chances his head dropped.

Carroll 7 - He's looking more like a footballer than just a big lump now. The more he plays the better he looks.

CBA reading through everything but has anyone got footage of the keeper during the lead up and after jonas goal was brilliant

"MAN ON MAN ON MAN ON!!!............SHIIIIT" :lol:

was just about to post that. t'was very funny.

Guest Heneage

Baffled as to why he didn't bring Ranger on for Best, and why he hasn't for ages.

Because why swap one player who can only hold up the ball with another player who can only hold up the ball?

There was little we could have done about their second, a great hit and a complete sucker punch.

Disagree there, he was up on his own, all Simpson had to do was show him onto his left foot and he had no chance (nobody to cross too and plenty of support behind Simpson).  Instead he actually allowed him to do the only thing he could, cut inside and shoot, it was very poor defending and totally preventable.  Great strike once he got the chance of course.

Just got home from Bristol, last 30 minutes were fucking exciting and the atmosphere was electric, shame we couldn't nick it. Jonas went from looking like he barely gave a shit to being unplayable and pretty much running the show; we were poor to average for the first 60 minutes though and it probably cost us 2 points.

Enrique didn't quite look match fit but improved as it went on, couple of very poor mistakes first half including one that resulted in Hall having to clear it off the line. Routledge has been a very good signing (for this season at least) as he really adds something that noone else in the team seems to offer. Best looks horribly devoid of confidence, even in the warm up he didn't look like he was really part of it, as though he belonged. Really needs a goal and was fairly unlucky with one good save but passed up a couple of opportunities to hit it.

Their keeper looked shocking throughout despite making a couple of good saves, must be horrible to defend in front of, he'd give you no confidence at all. The home fans next to the away end were decent, more interested in Newcastle than their own team mind, but I don't think I heard a single song sung from anywhere else in the ground. Whoever mentioned the cup final feel is spot on.

There was little we could have done about their second, a great hit and a complete sucker punch.

Disagree there, he was up on his own, all Simpson had to do was show him onto his left foot and he had no chance (nobody to cross too and plenty of support behind Simpson).  Instead he actually allowed him to do the only thing he could, cut inside and shoot, it was very poor defending and totally preventable.  Great strike once he got the chance of course.

This. Show him down the line and don't give him the opportunity to shoot.

i was shouting this at the tele. push him down the line, at least stand him up on the edge of the box. as soon as simpson put a foot back into the box it was trouble. i wonder if he got any sort of call fron either of the centre halves ?

Guest jeffers09

Basicaly i was at the game yesterday but saw fuck all off it as i was recked spent the whole game throwing up in the toilets

Just like to say im sorry if anyone was trying to get in the toilets at that time as i noticed there wasnt many cubicles

Second time this has happend this season now  :facepalm:

i was shouting this at the tele. push him down the line, at least stand him up on the edge of the box. as soon as simpson put a foot back into the box it was trouble. i wonder if he got any sort of call fron either of the centre halves ?

Shouldn't need a call, especially when he's played at Man U. Would be worried about him as our RB in the PL

Shouldn't need a call, especially when he's played at Man U. Would be worried about him as our RB in the PL

the call should still be there to confirm that a) simpson had cover behind him b) the player with the ball was receiving no support through the middle.

a call of "line him" or "stand him up". even the best teams still use basic communication.

the call should still be there to confirm that a) simpson had cover behind him b) the player with the ball was receiving no support through the middle.

a call of "line him" or "stand him up". even the best teams still use basic communication.

Well that would probably be Hall's fault then, as I've read that Colo despite being not the best English speaker communicates pretty well with his back four.