MLS 2010

Kaizero

I have really really tried to get more involved with MLS since I moved here, and failed repeatedly. The fact NYRB are embarrassing doesn't help. It's not the fact they are truly awful, but the whole brand image and marketing that surrounds the club makes me cringe.

Will check the new stadium, the Giants one was a horrible, horrible place to play football and a big turnoff to go to games.

I should just defect to the Phunions, their shirts rock.

Yeah they're all kiddies.

Union lost 2-0 comfortably by the sounds of things, but I can't help but expect that's gonna happen a lot this season. I can't see them performing like the Sounders did last season, simply because they're all so young.

Still, if there is patience with the way they're being run, I think they've got a great chance of winning things in the future.

The Sounders are the best supported club in the MLS.  Took a vacation with my family to Seattle over the summer and the Sounders were playing Chelsea in a friendly.  I saw crowds of people walking in their Sounders tops and  scarves to do their ceremonial march into the ground.  We took the fairy to Bainbridge Island to have lunch and what not and the entire boat coming to Seattle was packed with Sounders supporters.  I've been watching the MLS since the innaugural season, had season tickets to the Tampa Bay Mutiny, and let me say - Sounders FC is the best supported team I've ever seen since the MLS started. Hats off to them, unfort. my Mutiny were cut from the league with crap attendance and 0 cash, but I'm slowly starting to support the Sounders. 

Anyone catch the MLS Cup Final last season? (Prob not, hah!) but should have heard those Sounders supporters - they came in their tops despite their team losing the round before - AND prior to the match they were defeaning with their SOUNDERS! chant, it was a special moment for any MLS fan here.

Cheers for starting this thread...we appreciate it

Philadelphia Union.

They've played 1 game, so you can pretty much say you've been there from the beginning.

And their kit is amazing.

Yeah, not sure I can go for them. I've never really been able to forgive the city for all that nonsense back in 1776. And the name Philadelphia 'Union'. It seems to me they are just flaunting their independence in our faces. It's just bad manners.

Well aye, that's basically all that exists in Philly worthy of note.

Go support the Red Bulls then, why have historical references when you can have a popular Energy Drink.

I prefer Relentless myself, or the classic Lucozade Sport. As John Barnes used to say, "it get's to your thirst, fast."