Sunderland...

Heron

Criticising a club for getting small crowds is stupid anyway, it's either due to accidents of geography, relative success (meaning a lot of the new fans are essentially casual) and the vagaries of the economy.

Never understood why clubs are judged on attendances at all. There's not much they can do about how many people support them.

many people (myself included to a certain extent) judge clubs more so by their support (both numbers and personality) and how the club conducts themselves as they do by on the pitch stuff.

Funny thing about that bloke's comments are not only did he recognise Sunderland as some sort of generic shite team, but he's ranking them, a team who are having a great season by their standards, alongside the team who are bottom of the league he's criticising. :lol:

I remember Keane, in his autobiography before his his mackem days, moanign about even having to play them :lol:

Would be funny for them to qualify for Europe and go across the continent being the "FC Whothefuck" that teams play in their opening rounds.

I remember Keane, in his autobiography before his his mackem days, moanign about even having to play them :lol:

Would be funny for them to qualify for Europe and go across the continent being the "FC Whothefuck" that teams play in their opening rounds.

on a lads holiday in malia a few years back there was a bar (directly opposite the newcastle bar for those that went a few years back) that had loads of football tops all over, hundreds of them....in there one night some mackems came in and nicked on of the toon tops, ran into the street and set it alight, the bar staff asked us about it and we pointed to the mackem top......"atletico ?, bilbao ?, olympiakos ?, red star ?"...he honestly didn't know who they were.

Steve Bruce signs contract extension, what a day this is for us. :lol:

Strange one for them tbh. He has done a good job if you look at the position they are in. However if you look how much money they have spent, and most of there performances, then he hasn't actually done alot.