Sunderland...

Heron

There was an awful lot of shite spoken by Sunderland fans (and the media) when we signed Bent - "boo hoo how can he leave there to go to a club down the league when Sunderland are flying high" plus loads of bullshit about how Sunderland were practically in Europe, seeming to believe that European qualification is based on where you are in January.

I observe that we are now only four points behind them, and having never given them a second thought till January, really hope we finish above them.

A mid-season vacation by Sunderland was pretty inevitable. It's now a case of how much they can recover from the rest of the season, because they're sure as hell not qualifying for Europe. They'll do well to finish top 10 (and it'd be a decent season for them).

I bet Steve Bruce is well, well happy at the thought of Darren Bent hanging out of the back of his daughter, prior to thoroughly smashing it on a regular basis. Having had to put up with Lee Hendrie, of all people, tupping her too, he must fucking hate us.

Guest Wearside

question is for sunderland, with a large loss and a team that has 5 loans as part of its squad how exactly do they plan to find the cash for those 5 players just to stay where they are team wise

I'd love to see Wearside and RiverWear respond to that, because they conveniently ignore that point when they talk about money being available in the summer...

Are you not allowed to loan players from next season?

It's a system that is working well for us and we are not doing anything wrong by signing players through this method,some might say it's abusing the system and possibly it is, but it means strengthening the squad without much capital outlay and you will always get good players through loans.It can be difference between a good first 12/13 players and having a good squad and I think more and more clubs will be going down this route.

It always gives a club the chance to look at a player before committing millions of pounds on him.Look at Welbeck for example,hardly any club would have paid big money for him last summer and we will have paid a small loan fee and he has been a major success and if Ferguson is willing to let him go I'm sure we will be first in line to get him,while at the same time a club like Man Utd will be willing to lend us more players in future due to Ferguson knowing we will play the young players.

question is for sunderland, with a large loss and a team that has 5 loans as part of its squad how exactly do they plan to find the cash for those 5 players just to stay where they are team wise

I'd love to see Wearside and RiverWear respond to that, because they conveniently ignore that point when they talk about money being available in the summer...

It's a system that is working well for us and we are not doing anything wrong by signing players through this method,some might say it's abusing the system and possibly it is, but it means strengthening the squad without much capital outlay and you will always get good players through loans.It can be difference between a good first 12/13 players and having a good squad and I think more and more clubs will be going down this route.

It always gives a club the chance to look at a player before committing millions of pounds on him.Look at Welbeck for example,hardly any club would have paid big money for him last summer and we will have paid a small loan fee and he has been a major success and if Ferguson is willing to let him go I'm sure we will be first in line to get him,while at the same time a club like Man Utd will be willing to lend us more players in future due to Ferguson knowing we will play the young players.

:lol:

If 6 goals in 20 games is a "major success" then fair enough.

Guest Wearside

A mid-season vacation by Sunderland was pretty inevitable. It's now a case of how much they can recover from the rest of the season, because they're sure as hell not qualifying for Europe. They'll do well to finish top 10 (and it'd be a decent season for them).

Anywhere in the top half would be progress,very few predicted we would be fighting for Europe at the start of the season and it's only the poor seasons that Villa,Everton and Liverpool have had that has raised everyones expectations.

Guest Wearside

Welbeck has played the majority of his games in midfield and would walk into most teams outside the top 5.If you want to go down the route of judging him on goals then he is on par with Wayne Rooney. :)

Welbeck has played the majority of his games in midfield and would walk into most teams outside the top 5.If you want to go down the route of judging him on goals then he is on par with Wayne Rooney. :)

Sorry, it was 22 games.

OK.... what about is his assists? Or shall we say his assist?

He's done well for a young lad but I see little to suggest he's been a "major" success. If he keeps up the goalscoring form he found before his injury, when he gets back, then that view might change.

I'll go down that route; you'll be hard pushed to find anyone calling Wayne Rooney a 'major success' this season. :lol:

Guest Wearside

Do you reckon you'll get into Europe, Wearside? Purely out of interest for where the general concensus is with your lot.

I'm not sure really,all the injured players are due back in the next couple of weeks so that will help but obviously with Birmingham winning today then you are going to need to finish 6th now to get into Europe so it's probably unlikely now.You have also got the likes of Villa and Everton who are now only a few points behind now,think the key game will be Liverpool at home in a couple of weeks,if we beat them then we may have a chance.

Not much between Liverpool,Sunderland,Bolton,Newcastle,Villa,Everton IMO and literally anybody could get that 6th place it's that open.

I'll go down that route; you'll be hard pushed to find anyone calling Wayne Rooney a 'major success' this season. :lol:

Neither are close to Leon Best :snod:

Guest Howaythetoon

They are at a huge risk the mackems. They have spent a shit load of money not only trying to become an established Premier League side, but to also become a top 8 side. They will achieve becoming an established Premier League side due to Steve Bruce in the main who is a decent enough manager at that level, someone who can spot a player and wheel and deal if you like. However he cannot take them to the next level regardless of how much he can spen because he's not quite good enough and even then they simply don't have the money anymore anyway so this is pretty much their level. However which should be a huge worry for them, they will struggle to cling onto the kind of place they are at now as an established PL side unless they keep spending money because clubs around them generate more money and have better resources. They could go either way, slip down the table in the next few years and end up being relegated and even financially stricken or continue to plod on. Bruce will be key to plodding on,. He is the ideal manager for them at the minute but being a 'Mag' and the whole 5-1- defeat thing, he will always be a run of defeats away from being the target of the boo boys and "Bruce for the sack" chants. If I were a mackem (thank fucking Darwin I'm not), I'd be mightly worried right now. At least NUFC despite Ashley and co have enough about us to generate the kind of funds as a club needed not just on the stands but commercially to compete at more than a mid-table level, something they quite don't have and never will because they are sundlin, a nothing club to the outside world other than when they are playing their mighty neighbours the Magpies.

So I'm guessing the world class signings of Muntari and Sessegthing haven't quite lived up to the hype then?

what do you think happens when you drop a couple of Diamonds in a bucket of s****?

Muntari a diamond? Really? More like dropping some s*** in more s***.

He's the piece of sweetcorn in the shit.

I do wonder whether Henderson has burnt himself out or isn't quite as good as people were making him out to be.

Whenever I've seen him play he appears to be lacking in something, I'm not sure if it's in his personality or character, there's just something missing from his game to take him to the next level.

He's froze in both games against us as well.