Sunderland...

Heron

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

We have about 10 players at a higher ability than Sessegnon.

Bit far.

I doubled my original calculation for effect. :laugh:

Guest justin99.

very lucky to draw against a german div 3 side.

they are really going to be a force this season

Guest Haris Vuckic

Rate Sessegnon quite highly, personally. Has looked a good player for years now. Would have him over Marveaux.

Have you watched Marveaux?

You're full of pap tbh mate.

Rate Sessegnon quite highly, personally. Has looked a good player for years now. Would have him over Marveaux.

Have you watched Marveaux?

You're full of pap tbh mate.

I've been watching French football all my life. Have seen Marveaux play at least seven or eight times.

Sessegnon is more versatile, and all-round a better player, in my opinion. Sessegnon is a few years older than him and has started more than 60 league matches in his career - so you'd expect him to be a more developed player.

And play him where?

Sessegnon can play across the park in an advanced position. When I've seen him on the left, he has looked better at coming inside onto his right foot than Marveaux has (when I've seen him play).

I know you hold the belief that Marveaux is going to be coming inside from the left and tearing defences to bits, but I don't think he will. Can see him being deployed as a traditional left-midfielder, attacking the right-back, putting crosses in and being a provider for Ben Arfa as well as Ba.

I'm not going to make a judgement on Marveaux but in terms of Sessegnon he doesn't seem to be comfortable or effective anywhere but behind the striker. I know the mackems (the reasonably sensible ones I know, not RTG) are horrified at the thought of Bruce playing him wide left.

Guest Haris Vuckic
I know you hold the belief that Marveaux is going to be coming inside from the left and tearing defences to bits, but I don't think he will

He's pacy, sticks to his wing and gets good balls in the box, can also head the ball and hit free kicks.

Different player from Sessegnon all together. Bear in mind we looked at Sessegnon  and decided against the move and Carr has been watching Marv for ages.

You're being contrary for the sake of it, Sessegnon  had one good game, I think it was a against Wigan, the rest is mackem hyperbole.

Guest Haris Vuckic

At least 7 or 8 times.

f*** sake man.  :lol:

He's started 60 games in his career. Not bad going if I don't say so myself...

I'd wager Steven Taylor has started more - and at two years younger.

It means nothing.

I think we are all being had, Wearside is a 'mag at work' account set up by either someone on here or RTG as a collective to take the piss out of us. No one can be that much of a mackem.

I actually agree. He started off decent to throw us off the scent but now he's lasted more than 5 minutes, he's mocking us. He's as respectable as cwarr07 now though.

Every time Sunderland beat us, something good happens to us.

1990, we miss out on promotion, doubtful whether Sir John Hall would have got the club a few years later had we won, 1999 we got Sir Bobby and kept Shearer, Lee, Dabizas, etc. who'd been frozen out, 2000-1, last defeat for 9 years against them and again we had Champions League runs, top 4 finishes the following seasons after that, and in 2009 had we won, we'd have stayed up, and we'd probably have been stuck with all the deadwood etc.

So if ever we want an upturn in fortunes, throw away a derby!