Sunderland...

Heron

When i read Smb, its like they are talking about some really good football side- yet everytime Ive watched Sunderland they have been uttter s****- especially 5-1.

:mystery:

Should be a nice easy victory for you at our place next week then if we are that bad.

Well im not gonna make the same mistake thousands of your lot made before comming over here to give us a lesson :lol:

Didn't someone on RTG reckon that Danny Welbeck is miles better than Ben Arfa?

I would rather have Welbeck than Ben Afra on the footage I have seen this season and I'm not having a pop at Arfa as I haven't seen a great deal of him to make an accurate assessment but Welbeck is going to be a top player.

I've seen Ben Arfa twice when Newcastle have been on the box,once was a Sunday afternoon game and he got took off early in second half(can't remember who it was against) and in all honesty thought he was very average and the other game was Man City when he got injured so obviously can't judge him on that.

Your criteria for the comparison is massively hypocritical, you've based Ben Arfa on 2 matches where he's in a new country etc, in the same period of matches Welbeck had done nowt, looked incredibly poor and your fans had already written him off. Even the best players have off games but Welbeck's had some time to swing your head around. Ben Arfa is on a different level of player, literally could be one of the world's top players if he gets his attitude sorted accordingly, Welbeck at best can be a nothing more than a Euro League player.

When i read Smb, its like they are talking about some really good football side- yet everytime Ive watched Sunderland they have been uttter s****- especially 5-1.

:mystery:

Should be a nice easy victory for you at our place next week then if we are that bad.

We've got a 5-1 aggregate lead so some slackness can be afforded  :thup:

Guest Heneage

Does Wellbeck not share the same risk that Fraizer Campbell did? Overpriced because he came through Man United's academy.

Guest Wearside

it was only a few months ago the unwashed view on Welbeck was that he was a pile of s***, and rumours came out they'd taken him as Bruce was doing SAF a favour.

oh how fickle fans are...

Newcastle mates of mine used to slate Carroll at the start of last season.

Oh how fickle fans are ......  :)

Guest Haris Vuckic

You guys shout for Bruce out when you don't win and you're getting into europe when you do.

Oh how fickle fans are ......

Didn't someone on RTG reckon that Danny Welbeck is miles better than Ben Arfa?

I would rather have Welbeck than Ben Afra on the footage I have seen this season and I'm not having a pop at Arfa as I haven't seen a great deal of him to make an accurate assessment but Welbeck is going to be a top player.

I've seen Ben Arfa twice when Newcastle have been on the box,once was a Sunday afternoon game and he got took off early in second half(can't remember who it was against) and in all honesty thought he was very average and the other game was Man City when he got injured so obviously can't judge him on that.

You don't even know the lads name (Arfa :lol:), let alone enough about his ability to compare.  You've seen him play one match (his one less then impressive performance) and like so many other Mackems obviously haven't even heard of him prior to coming here (despite him being one of the most promising players in Europe over the last several years).  Welbeck's a decent to good player, but his Footballing ability isn't in the same league as Ben Arfa.

Guest BooBoo

Meyler fucked the same knee as last year? Shame if true, and yes I mean that.

My sympathy is limited considering many mackems were overjoyed when Ben Arfa snapped his leg.

Guest palnese

My sympathy is limited considering many mackems were overjoyed when Ben Arfa snapped his leg.

Be a bigger man and all that tbh.

Guest Wearside

Shame Villa couldn't have clung on so we could have went into the derby knowing a win could send us above them, but this is well set up to be a great game with both teams' form.

Indeed,should be be a cracker.May the best team win. :)

Guest palnese

Meyler and Welbeck out injured and Zenden suspended? Cattermole also out. Any more?

Two yellows was it not? He'll miss the cupgame.

Panic on the streets of Smb-

they are flapping over player availabilty over on smb ahead of derby- and they have toon mad again tonight cos of our result and apparently poor crowd. :lol: :lol:

I've got a begrudging respect for what Sunderland have done this season like. Well run and the manager is fairly normal and all that.

Turncoat is a decent manager tbf to him. Got a solid team although they've spent a fair whack since they came up so it has to be expected.

Guest Wearside

Meyler and Welbeck out injured and Zenden suspended? Cattermole also out. Any more?

Injury list reads like this

Onouha

Turner

Cattermole

Meyler

Welbeck

Campbell