Sunderland...

Heron

But didn't cos he played for Sunderland?

Probably because he wasn't good enough tbh.

He may have already been sold to Coventry by that time...it was quite a while ago but he was a decent enough midfielder.

He was at Coventry by then Midds.Excellent left foot he had,just lacked a bit of pace. :thup:

Did the Mackems react like this when Bent was overlooked after an equally impressive season for Charlton in 2006?

He was top English goalscorer that season iirc.

They were probably clinging onto the fact that Daryl Murphy might have got a call up to the Republic squad or something.  Bet they contacted the IRA when he didn't.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi
Mackem 1: So why did a northern based player go instead of Walcott? Why did Carrick go instead of Huddlestone or Parker?

Why wasn't Bent picked when he was at a London club?

Mackem 2:

Bent was not in the form of his life when he "wasn`t" picked while at a London club. I may also be wrong for drawing comparisons between Heskey and Bent but surely Heskey is the out of form player.

Its like a funny tribute act to Cannon & Ball.

Guest Roger Kint

Love their fixation of Heskey v Bent, imo Capello was always taking Rooney, Crouch & Heskey, the decision was between Defoe and Bent with Defoe somewhat struggling the past few months.

Some SAFC followers not following England because Dazza Bent (a player whose mother has been racially abused by  SAFC supporter) did not get picked, it wasnt that long ago a good portion of that flock were going to gut some Turks in the name of England outside SOS.

Some SAFC followers not following England because Dazza Bent (a player whose mother has been racially abused by  SAFC supporter) did not get picked, it wasnt that long ago a good portion of that flock were going to gut some Turks in the name of England outside SOS.

Yeah i remember that very well because i  was going to go but my mam wouldn't let me because of all the trouble that was going to kick off. That and the game at st james' was my best chance of seeing England and i missed it. :sadnod:

Yeah i remember that very well because i  was going to go but my mam wouldn't let me because of all the trouble that was going to kick off. That and the game at st james' was my best chance of seeing England and i missed it. :sadnod:

There wasn't any real trouble, a few choruses of "would rather be a paki than a turk" from the usual knuckle draggers and some food thrown at a bus but that's all I saw.

The pitch invasion wasn't overly dramatic either.

One of them is currently suggesting Kevin Phillips is better than Fowler, Owen and Cole put together :lol:

;D

still cant get over thier claims Quinn and Phillips were better than Shearer and Ferdinand. :lol:

There wasn't any real trouble, a few choruses of "would rather be a paki than a turk" from the usual knuckle draggers and some food thrown at a bus but that's all I saw.

The pitch invasion wasn't overly dramatic either.

No but there was expected to be which is why i wasn't allowed...just icase.