Sunderland...

Heron

Guest toonlass

They will be pushing it if they don't get a replacement in for Bent. Gyan hasn't set the world alight and if he gets injured then who have they got to play upfront?

Guest toonlass

They will be pushing it if they don't get a replacement in for Bent. Gyan hasn't set the world alight and if he gets injured then who have they got to play upfront?

is healy still there?

Isn't he loaned out somewhere? Rangers have been mentioned as a place he could end up. Not too sure how I feel about that.

is healy still there?

Isn't he loaned out somewhere? Rangers have been mentioned as a place he could end up. Not too sure how I feel about that.

Healy is still there missed a pen the other night playing for the stiffs.

Trust me, Sessegnon is not a "very good player" at all. He was on the bench even in PSG...

Since last year, he hadn't done something good.

Newcastle has much more a better team than Sunderland, which team has no injured players.

The league table disagrees.

The two games against each other would be a better measure

So lets get this right,2 games is a more accurate reflection then 20 odd games?

38 games would be a better reflection. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Yup. What is it with mackems thinking the league ends in January?

It's good for them,their season's usually over in September.

Just reading on Wikipedia that mackem fullback George McCartney was sold by them for 500k in 2006...and then bought back by Keane for £6.5 million in 2008. I can't even remember him at West Ham tbh, just assumed he spent his whole career at Sunderland.

That's bloody awful business, he's now on loan at Leeds ffs :lol:

Just reading on Wikipedia that mackem fullback George McCartney was sold by them for 500k in 2006...and then bought back by Keane for £6.5 million in 2008. I can't even remember him at West Ham tbh, just assumed he spent his whole career at Sunderland.

I wouldn't believe that.Mebbes 0.65 milliion.

Guest Heneage

Wasn't he swapped for Clive Clarke the guy who had heart issues?

Well they say the league table doesn't lie, however there is a consensus that it may just be lying a bit this season and no more so as in the case of Sunderland who's general level of performance and points total would not normally equate to the lofty heights of 6th.

I've seen them about 6 times, and being as honest as possible, they have not looked good.

They have had a big dose of good fortune with decisions etc and no matter how brave the mutterings coming from Bruce and Quinn, they know the morale effect of losing their "iconic" player will go far beyond that normally suffered by losing a key player.

We've seen other clubs like Wigan,Fulham,Brum,Bolton etc have good seasons which they were unable to sustain and should Sunderland finish top six this season then well done, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a big fall next season - particularly if they ARE fortunate enough to qualify for Europe this time.

You've seen Dream Team, Baba? :lol: class.

:lol: Of course, man. I have many tapes of them back at my old home. I've only seen bits and pieces, but I did my best to follow the plot until I was about 15 or 16. I even remember Monday Bandele. Class show.

Sunderland have a very real opportunity for Europe this season, and they made some good acquisitions toward that goal. However, the Bent situation has exposed the reality of things. They are still a small-time club, with a small boy mentality. I do not see them progressing. However, they do seem a stable Premiership club, which is frankly more than their supporters should expect.

Bit far there like. :lol: but aye, fond memories. If in doubt, whack in an explosion or a murder. Good stuff.

As for the topic at hand, I still can't get over how open the table is. A couple of wins can shoot you up from just above the relegation zone to near enough a European spot, and vice versa for losses. Could realistically see a last day where all manner of possibilities are.... well, possible.

I assumed it was just usual Wikipedia rubbish, but sure enough, BBC reckons something similar:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/7592110.stm

Keane wasted some serious money.

I assumed it was just usual Wikipedia rubbish, but sure enough, BBC reckons something similar:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/west_ham_utd/7592110.stm

Keane wasted some serious money.

Bloody hell.  :kasper:

It's a shame the dog fiddler wasn't allowed to continue his work.

Apparently Muntari is asking for a ransom to go to the dump - don't blame him really.

Just read on Yahoo's sport board :-

[Comment From Parzionale Parzionale : ]

As an Inter fan, I am so pleased to see Muntari leave. He was nothing but an egotistic pain in the dressing room. Good luck Sunderland fans. I predict your team will be worse off with Sulley!

Gan on man Stevie - get him signed up quick !

Afternoon Chaps...just got this off my mate:

----

Just been informed that ***** was sat next to Steve 'whats wrong with my nose?' Bruce on a conecting flight down to London this morn.

As a true geordie gent, im told he took this opportunity to politely tell Steve 'Im going to whinge proper loads when Villa nick me best player man' Bruce that his favourite numbers were 5 and 1.  He told him this on several occasions.

If you are keen to know, Steve 'a stroke is just a heartbeat away' Bruce was heading to the capital to meet some foreign player that the mackems are about to sign/loan).  Muntari??

----

Muntari wouldn't even fly up here?

That's gonna be a bundle of fun for Bruce selling 5under1and to him isnt it?