Sunderland...

Heron

Apparently we're all going to be seething about their new signings.

Well? Anybody?

Nope, thought not.

Why would we be? We payed between £3.5-£5m for Ben Arfa and they payed £7m for Sessengon an older crapper version of HBA and Muntari's shite but at the end of the season could possibly cost them £7m we payed £3.5m for Tiote who is a better player in the same position and like Sessengon and HBA we've got the younger and arguably better one.

Canny funny btw - a couple of Mackems I have on Facebook are posting about signing Sessengon (who they won't have heard of until two weeks ago) and Muntari, and are trying to rub our noses in it. Because, you know, that's the thing to do.

It really does show how small time they really are.

When we have made signings in the past, who were of a lot higher quality than those two, the first thing on my mind most certainly wasn't to bait any Mackem I could about it. As I had no need to.

I'm chuffed with Sessegnon, but is he any bigger a capture than Ben Arfa?

Their reputation and experience are almost identical.

Muntari is a better signing than their equivalent (Tiote) though.

:lol: I can't even begin to state everything that's wrong about this statement.

:harry:

they really are just going on the basis he played for inter aren't they

Check out the thread on Happiest/ Saddest moment as a Mackem.

At least 50% rate the happiest moment following Sunderland to be the day they lost to Chelsea and we went down. Nobody mentions this years game when they won 3-0 at the league champions.

I'm chuffed with Sessegnon, but is he any bigger a capture than Ben Arfa?

Their reputation and experience are almost identical.

Muntari is a better signing than their equivalent (Tiote) though.

:lol: I can't even begin to state everything that's wrong about this statement.

:harry:

they really are just going on the basis he played for inter aren't they

you have to remember it's new ground for them to be buying from clubs like that so they will have the assumption that because he's came from a club they only ever see on the tele then he must be fantastic..........something we learned wasn't necessarily a while back.

I was more concerned about how, on their little planet, playing in average french teams for the last 6 or so years equates to 'almost identical' experience as playing for probably the two top teams in french football and regularly competing in the champions league for the last 6 or so years.

mackem logic, in no way related to actual logic in any way shape or form and trying to marry the two leads to a large headache

Sunderland fans getting excited about Europe at this stage of the season makes them look somewhat excitable. A bit like West Brom fans, but even more dimwitted.

Here are their upcoming fixtures, this is an awful run. Let's see where they are after these

<snip>

Oh, and Muntari? Is it just me that finds that signing incredibly meh?

Two points from seven games...?