Sunderland...

Heron

Niall Quinn announces at the final whistle that all that attended today will be given the greatest gift you could ever give to a mackem...to be born again a Geordie.

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7830/8594display.jpg

Guest Wearside

Great day. :)

The highlight of a footballing lifetime for an entire generation of Sunderland fans and, unsurprisingly, it didn't involve Sunderland.  ;D

I'd say avoiding relegation on the last day despite losing and having to rely on other results "involved" us.

The highlight of a footballing lifetime for an entire generation of Sunderland fans and, unsurprisingly, it didn't involve Sunderland.  ;D

I'd say avoiding relegation on the last day despite losing and having to rely on other results "involved" us.

You weren't celebrating staying up man, it would have taken a mathematical miracle for you to have gone down.  You were celebrating a loss and a dreadful end to your season because, hey, at least the mags went down.  That was your equivalent of us playing 100 games in Europe, beating Barca, tonking Man U 5-0 and beating our local rivals 5-1 all rolled into one.

Guest Wearside

You weren't celebrating staying up man, it would have taken a mathematical miracle for you to have gone down.  You were celebrating a loss and a dreadful end to your season because, hey, at least the mags went down.  That was your equivalent of us playing 100 games in Europe, beating Barca, tonking Man U 5-0 and beating our local rivals 5-1 all rolled into one.

It would have took a Hull win and Newcastle win,hardly a "mathematical miracle".