Sunderland...

Heron

Quinn yesterday pretty much confirmed that they are being bankrolled.

If it continues then I can't see how the club will be able to stay afloat, at least not at Premiership level.

He even said that if they get another 10k every home game of the season then they will still be short of what is needed. Only adding £2m per year to the club. So pretty much they need to get rid of their high earners, get people in the stadium, and sell a hell of a lot of shirts

The millions that the TV companies and fans pump into clubs is to watch the players not the directors/chairman etc.

And u need good hands to manage them and to prevent clubs overstretching themselves ?

Stevie Walton x-Newcastle Utd/x-Barclays & Sir Niall Quinn what more do they need.

The millions that the TV companies and fans pump into clubs is to watch the players not the directors/chairman etc.

And u need good hands to manage them and to prevent clubs overstretching themselves ?

Same as in the film business, studios pay the big bucks to actors, not the writers or directors. Ultimately it's the faces who sell tickets in the entertainment business (and that's what football is).

Does anyone have our latest figures to compare?

We can't really compare us to them until the figures for this season come out. We got bankrolled last season, but promotion alone should be enough to see us making a profit or coming close to it.

This is a pretty good website for showing transfers:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

Some of the quotes on the side of that site are brilliant;

" They [Argentina] are the second best team in the world - and there's no higher praise than that! "

Kevin Keegan

" The beauty of Cup football is that Jack always has a chance of beating Goliath! "

Terry Butcher

Same as in the film business, studios pay the big bucks to actors, not the writers or directors. Ultimately it's the faces who sell tickets in the entertainment business (and that's what football is).

I understand the comparisons but ultimately disagree.  On the phone n lazy to type

Cheers mate. :thup:

Have you got a breakdown on that

Summer Transfer Window:

Spent: £18.5M

Sold: £14.5M

January:

Spent: £6M

Sold: £19M (Bent and Reid)

Does not include loan fees though.

and then it gets complicated, for example, how much did they still owe on bent ? how much will they actually receive up front ?

and thats just the largest piece in their jigsaw. too many think the finances are straight forward and the headline figure has gone straight into a clubs bank account all to be used on more transfers.

wow that wage to turnover ratio is horrific no wonder quinns ranting at those not going

essentially they're in exactly the same position as us (at least up to last season) utterly dependent on the good will of their owner to pay the difference

The money the got up front from Villa just covered what they owed Spurs.

Source: N.Quinn about 3 mins in

Trying to hide being 'it gets technical' there. No its doesn't Nial, it gets to the truth that you don't want to talk about, that is, no money from the Bent transfer.  :lol:

I have just done a very RTG thing and made myself laugh in the process...

On facebook there is an advert that seems to appear on every page that I go on called "Sunderland Bucket List" or something like that and it is, apparently, a list of things you must do in Sunderland before you die (of boredom).

I clicked to remove the advert and a second graphic came up asking why I had removed it and one of the options was offensive and I couldn't resist. 

Apparently Facebook take this sort of thing very seriously and build up a profile over time that will stop them from allow such content to appear on their pages.........

I actually let out a little laugh to myself as I did it... 

I am truly sad!

wow that wage to turnover ratio is horrific no wonder quinns ranting at those not going

essentially they're in exactly the same position as us (at least up to last season) utterly dependent on the good will of their owner to pay the difference

Yeah, in a way its even worse.  Our problem was over-spending, their problem is they just don't generate enough cash.  I'm not really sure how they can fix that.

Guest neesy111

65m turnover is really poor if you take into account TV rights are probably 45m+ of it.

We'll probably make between 80-90m this season.

In a way they're in an even worse position.  Our problem was over-spending, their problem is they just don't generate enough cash.  I'm not really sure how they can fix that.

take into account half thier squad is on loan and needs either buying or replacing- I can see quinn and short getting fucked off and using shit fans as a get out

Guest palnese

65m turnover is really poor if you take into account TV rights are probably 45m+ of it.

...and how much will we lose?

Guest neesy111

Probably make a small profit.

Guest palnese

Probably make a small profit.

:thup: