Sunderland...

Heron

Toons Taylor claims we have only had an "average" amount of injuries,by anyones standards we have had a high amount of injuries and people who have been following Sunderland a lot longer than me can't recall a season as bad as this for serious injuries in there lifetime.

if you hadnt had those injuries do you think you would have made it to europe?

over the top but point made. mensah was a crock when he signed and meyler and campbell wouldn't have made that much of a difference.

???

most mackem i know say they had an outside chance of the europa and thats when they were sixth.

ok- but i know waht I was reading on smb just a couple of months ago( re europe/ champions league)- and just fancied a bit of friendly goading of Wearyside

First choice goalkeeper missed over three months with shoulder ligament injury.

Star signing and probably most talented player out for 30+ games with broken leg.

Best striker and then top scorer out for a month and missing five games before being sold with no replacement.

Ryan Taylor missed three months through injury.

Steven Taylor missed three months through injury.

Danny Guthrie missed two months through injury.

Dan Gosling has missed pretty much all season.

Alan Smith will have missed four months through injury.

Steven Ireland has missed nine matches through injury.

Joey Barton recently missed five matches through injury.

First choice right back missed first 8 games of the season.

Star signing and probably most talented player out for 30+ games with broken leg.

Best striker and then top scorer out for a month and missing five games before being sold with no replacement.

Dan Gosling has missed pretty much all season through injury.

I see what you're getting at Dave, but  :lol:

Guest Wearside

Toons Taylor claims we have only had an "average" amount of injuries,by anyones standards we have had a high amount of injuries and people who have been following Sunderland a lot longer than me can't recall a season as bad as this for serious injuries in there lifetime.

I guess we will never know,probably not and the failure to replace Bent was probably our biggest mistake looking back.We had 37 points on February 1st and now find ourselves fighting relegation so obviously Bent leaving has been crucial in this freefall.

Yeah I know. :lol:

is bruce really that bad in the transfer market though? made a few decent buys at wigan iirc? valencia? palacios? rodallega?

He's bought some dross for the Mackems mind. Only Bruce would sign Cattermole and then compound the mistake by making him club captain.

Only Bruce would sign Cattermole and then compound the mistake by making him club captain and then compound the mistake even further by moving clubs and resigning Cattermole before finally compounding the mistake to an excruciating level by making him club captain again.

:lol:

I guess we will never know,probably not and the failure to replace Bent was probably our biggest mistake looking back.We had 37 points on February 1st and now find ourselves fighting relegation so obviously Bent leaving has been crucial in this freefall.

I'd say Bent would have been a safe bet for a goal during that 7 hours or whatever it was you went without one

Ssshhh, outside people think they're decent :laugh:

I personally don't think they had many injuries, about average, probably the same amount as us yet we've a much smaller squad.

They rode their luck first half of the season, they still can't quite see that, thought they have cottoned on their luck has changed, but really it's not bad, it's just normal and the quality is the real problem.

What a load of rubbish.

Whilst injuries are a feeble excuse I'd wager not many clubs in the league has had as many serious injuries as we've had and by serious I don't mean hamstrings or groin that keep you out for 2/3 weeks,I'm talking injuries that keep players out for months on end.

What like broken legs, dislocated shoulders, shattered ankles, tendon damage, ligament damage, those kind of injuries that keep players out for months and we've dealt with and deal with every season?

Guest toonlass

Madras

Ok then you say you've had Ben Arfa,Taylor and Gosling(who you signed knowing full well that he would miss a large chunk of the season anyway) and I will raise you Gordon,Turner,Cattermole,Welbeck,Campbell,Meyler(two times),Bramble

Would any of these players named improve your performance though? With the exception of Welbeck who looks decent (but isn't yours) I would safely say you would have the same points now if they had been fit. Cattermole and Titus might have even cost you more.

Guest BooBoo

is bruce really that bad in the transfer market though? made a few decent buys at wigan iirc? valencia? palacios? rodallega?

He's bought some dross for the Mackems mind. Only Bruce would sign Cattermole and then compound the mistake by making him club captain.

Only Bruce would sign Cattermole and then compound the mistake by making him club captain and then compound the mistake even further by moving clubs and resigning Cattermole before finally compounding the mistake to an excruciating level by making him club captain again.

:spit: :clap:

:spit: :clap:

Thats brilliant :lol: