Sunderland...

Heron

Wearside will come here like a triumphant hero now after this amazing finish to the season.  :lol:

Nope I won't,it doesn't cover up what has been a very disappointing season and if we don't spend heavily we will struggle next season.

I'm not going to lie though and after the last couple of month of seeing half of the Newcastle squad plus Pardew and Carver giving interviews about how you were going to finish above us, it is slightly satisfying.

Are you going to the parade then or just sticking with the street parties tonight?

Guest johnson293

Wearside will come here like a triumphant hero now after this amazing finish to the season.  :lol:

Nope I won't,it doesn't cover up what has been a very disappointing season and if we don't spend heavily we will struggle next season.

I'm not going to lie though and after the last couple of month of seeing half of the Newcastle squad plus Pardew and Carver giving interviews about how you were going to finish above us, it is slightly satisfying.

Don't think anyone... be it supporter, management or players said we were 'going to' finish above you's... but the nearer it got, it did become more of an aim, for obvious reasons.

Credit to Sunderland though for beating West Ham today. We had it in our own hands at 3-0, and only have ourselves to blame for handing the advantage back to you's.

Guest Heneage

Wearside will come here like a triumphant hero now after this amazing finish to the season.  :lol:

You'll have to provide links, seen nothing of what you're claiming.

Guest johnson293

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=594573

FFS, why would you tempt fate like that?

It's photoshopped.

I wondered if there was any truth to the rumours of a banner... I guess that proves that there wasn't* and it can be filed alongside that other Mackem myth about qualifying for Europe.

* Unless anyones knows that there was infact a real banner at the ground today??

It would've been nice but it didn't happen. I can't say I would've been dancing in the streets about this if we'd finished above them. More bothered about the actual placing in the league, rather than position relative to mackems. I hope we start as well next year as they did this year... But end slightly better...

Don't think you'll ever see a better example of those lot being obsessed than photoshopping a banner so that you can claim it was a real one in order to look back in hindsight and laugh smugly at us whilst having a mediocre season. I don't usually post in this thread but Jesus tittyfucking christ.

ffs, it would have been nice to finish above them, not one newcastle fan will argue against it. But come on, stayiing up was the objective. The fact that the Scum are celebrating it only confirms in my own head who is the bigger club.

Any Mackems kicking about, tell me, who was it that had the expectations this season out of the two teams?

The fact that they're celebrating like they've won the Champions League - despite narrowly finishing above a newly promoted team, says everything about their inferiority complex.

They finished above us, it fucking kills me and im nee local, but youve to hand it to them, over 38 games they got more points. We blew a 3-0 lead man, let them enjoy their moment, they will celebrate it like they won the champions league, but we will be back. 2 points, thats fucking nothing, howay Newcastle.