Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Loven11

STEVE Bruce’s bold transfer plans are being hampered by orders to slash the wage bill before negotiations can begin with Charles N’Zogbia and Ji Dong-Won.

Guest Wearside

STEVE Bruces bold transfer plans are being hampered by orders to slash the wage bill before negotiations can begin with Charles NZogbia and Ji Dong-Won.

Makes sense to me,Gordon and Malbranque are our two biggest wage earners and neither plays enough to justify that wage anymore and if this enables us to strengthen our squad with players like N'Zogbia it can only be a good thing however getting them off our wage bill will be another thing.

Guest icemanblue

STEVE Bruces bold transfer plans are being hampered by orders to slash the wage bill before negotiations can begin with Charles NZogbia and Ji Dong-Won.

Makes sense to me,Gordon and Malbranque are our two biggest wage earners and neither plays enough to justify that wage anymore and if this enables us to strengthen our squad with players like Gibson it can only be a good thing however getting them off our wage bill will be another thing.

Let me just tidy that up for you.

Caulkin on Twitter: This is all in piece, but as of last published accounts #SAFC wage bill was 82% of turnover. Too high. Henderson has brought cash in but only earned 20k per week. 3 Mufc players + Ngog etc would bump up wages again. Need to get rid of likes of Nos, McCart, Kilgallon Riveros, Angeleri + potentially likes of Gordon, Malb, to clear decks & leave space for better players. Necessary housekeeping.

sounds like it might take them a while to do that, even more incentive to get in early on n'zogbia. what they need is a relegation to clear the decks

:thup:

Try selling that to Sunderland fans!

it worked for us!

Apparently they're close to signing Ngog, Gardner, Gibson, Westwood and the Korean fella.  Sure one or two from their first XI will be on their way as well.  I don't think I'd be happy if any of those signed for NUFC.

Westwoods a good keeper from what I've seen of him tbh, they could do much worse than getting him in for free and moving on Gordon. Wouldn't have N'Gog or Gibson myself as I don't rate them and know nothing about the Korean fella

Gardner would be a good signing for them though