Sunderland...

Heron

Another decent player tbh.

Their signings aren't good enough to push them on to the next level but they definitely are good enough to make sure they don't go for 3 or 4 months without a win during a season like has happened last season. And the one before that.

They've got 9th written all over them.

Their signings aren't good enough to push them on to the next level but they definitely are good enough to make sure they don't go for 3 or 4 months without a win during a season like has happened last season. And the one before that.

Yup, the signings scream of consolidation but not major progress.

It is quite depressing though, taking away the fact they're your enemies, that the realistic 'best' a team can aim for is 9th. Things just seem like more and more of a closed shop as days go by.

Why would Larsson and Gardner ensure that when they were part of a Birmingham side that went on a similarly dismal run?

I'd love for somebody on here to put together a genuine explanation as to why Larsson and Gardner are well rated on this board. I particularly went out of my way to watch more of Larsson in the backend of last season and I simply don't understand why he is highly rated. One paced, not the best technically and his set-piece crossing ability is so overstated it is untrue.

Gardner on the other hand is even more confusing to me. What the hell do people see in him? He's not got great technique, not got any real vision or passing range. His apparent quality is that he has a good goalscoring record, but before last season it was nothing special. He scores goals because he picks up the ball and shoots as often as possible without much thought or intelligence. He's worse than average.

This going to come across like even more anti-Sunderland bias but it really isn't. I was hostile in another thread towards re-signing Ireland, yet I'd much, much, MUCH rather sign Stephen Ireland than either of these players. That's how little I rate them.

Why would Larsson and Gardner ensure that when they were part of a Birmingham side that went on a similarly dismal run?

I'd love for somebody on here to put together a genuine explanation as to why Larsson and Gardner are well rated on this board. I particularly went out of my way to watch more of Larsson in the backend of last season and I simply don't understand why he is highly rated. One paced, not the best technically and his set-piece crossing ability is so overstated it is untrue.

Gardner on the other hand is even more confusing to me. What the hell do people see in him? He's not got great technique, not got any real vision or passing range. His apparent quality is that he has a good goalscoring record, but before last season it was nothing special. He scores goals because he picks up the ball and shoots as often as possible without much thought or intelligence.

This going to come across like even more anti-Sunderland bias but it really isn't. I was hostile in another thread towards re-signing Ireland, yet I'd much, much, MUCH rather sign Stephen Ireland than either of these players. That's how little I rate them.

I think the majority of us have seen Gardner smash in a few goals on MOTD and assumed he's a decent player. I know I have.

Yup, the signings scream of consolidation but not major progress.

It is quite depressing though, taking away the fact they're your enemies, that the realistic 'best' a team can aim for is 9th. Things just seem like more and more of a closed shop as days go by.

Man. U

Chelsea

Man. City

Arsenal (looking dodgy though if they lose Fab & Nasri etc)

Spurs

Liverpool

The rest of the pack from here on. 7th is the best the rest can hope for currently. Everton would be a decent bet for 7th, ourselves, Sunderland, Bolton, Fulham Stoke and Villa will make up 7th to 13th with the order completely up in the air.

The rest will be battling to stay up from the first game. 

Gardner on the other hand is even more confusing to me. What the hell do people see in him? He's not got great technique, not got any real vision or passing range. His apparent quality is that he has a good goalscoring record, but before last season it was nothing special. He scores goals because he picks up the ball and shoots as often as possible without much thought or intelligence. He's worse than average.

I'm not saying they'll be outstanding or anything like but they're decent payers. They've bulked out their squad and will have a decent season with their decent, solid, unspectacular, workmanlike players. If they can keep Gyan fit and supply him then they'll do ok. If he breaks a leg or snaps an Achilles then they're fucked though.   

Gardner on the other hand is even more confusing to me. What the hell do people see in him? He's not got great technique, not got any real vision or passing range. His apparent quality is that he has a good goalscoring record, but before last season it was nothing special. He scores goals because he picks up the ball and shoots as often as possible without much thought or intelligence.

I think the majority of us have seen Gardner smash in a few goals on MOTD and assumed he's a decent player. I know I have.

Suppose same can be said of Ryan Taylor

Guest Roger Kint

I'm glad they're in for all 3.

For all their work(those three included) they really havent managed to push a great deal past what they had last season with the loans. Wickham atm is behind Welbeck imo(in time who knows) and Gardner/Larsson v Henderson/Muntari is pretty meh in all honesty, even less if i said Gibson. O'shea v Onouha?