Sunderland...

Heron

In all honesty, if anyone seems worries its wearside with his over the top defence. I think you have made some decent signings tbh but then again someone asked me the other day which one would walk into our first team and none of them would for me. Same goes for the Man U # they are linked to.

Fair play for filling the squad but when you sit back and look at it they aren't even replacing the quality that left the squad through loans and sales let alone progressing.

But hey how, it's their fault if there over the top hopes are dashed for another season.

Us on the other hand with Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba and even the likes of Ben Arfa and Gosling getting fit.. yeah I'm more confident that we have moved forward tbh :)

How have you moved forward?

Are you seriously trying to tell me that Ba is better than Carroll or Cabaye is better than Nolan?

Come on man,at least be honest.

They may well in time go on to be better but at this moment in time your squad is weaker than when it started the beginning of last season.

Yes.

Anyway, you seem to have ducked and dodged my questions about Wickham...

Looking at it impartially, I think they've bought well but they've lost Onouha, Wellbeck, Bent, Mensah, Muntari and Henderson in a short time. At the moment, I don't think you can say the Korean guy, Gardner, Sessagnon, Larsson and Wickham make the squad stronger than they were with those players. Westwood will likely be a replacement for Gordon.

Still work to do for them.

Guest Wearside

Rather have a fully fit Ba than a fully fit Carroll tbh. Ba is a better all round player and doesn't force the team to play to his strengths.

This is a wind-up,it has to be.

In all honesty, if anyone seems worries its wearside with his over the top defence. I think you have made some decent signings tbh but then again someone asked me the other day which one would walk into our first team and none of them would for me. Same goes for the Man U # they are linked to.

Fair play for filling the squad but when you sit back and look at it they aren't even replacing the quality that left the squad through loans and sales let alone progressing.

But hey how, it's their fault if there over the top hopes are dashed for another season.

Us on the other hand with Cabaye, Marveaux, Ba and even the likes of Ben Arfa and Gosling getting fit.. yeah I'm more confident that we have moved forward tbh :)

Are you seriously trying to tell me that Ba is better than Carroll or Cabaye is better than Nolan?

They may well in time go on to be better but at this moment in time your squad is weaker than when it started the beginning of last season.

We don't know that yet. What we know is that Ba has a "shaky" knee. (Mind Carroll has not been playing much for Liverpool only returning 1 or 2 goals, whereas Ba put 7 for a team ready for relegation all season)

As for Cabaye, he offers something totally different to Nolan. Nolan has two things, leadership and he was at the right place at the right time - therefore netting goals. Both important qualities, yes. But he didn't offer much apart from that.

Need to see more of BA, i think Carroll dominates defences more though. They have a similar conversion rate really for finishing chances.

Cabaye should provide more to both our attacking/defensive play than Nolan. Creating more chances, though we need to make sure we can finish them. Enter Ben Arfa/Marveaux/hopefullyanotherstriker.  Very good chance we'll be a much better side, depends on the ability of our new players to adapt to the prem.

Guest johnson293

Putting another spin on it, as you seem to like putting your own spin on things.. Surely the important thing is that we are now arguably stronger than we 'ended' the season though? As we had Nolan out injured anyway and Carroll sold.

At present we have only lost one first team regular (Nolan) but have signed (potentially) three (Cabaye, Ba and Marveaux)

Would you not agree?

Goals to games I would be more confident on Ba tbh.

Cabaye we will see but I reckon our midfield will be more mobile and contain possession better next season with him and Tiote.

Marveaux is just an additional player with pace and a heavy left foot so happy with him playing a part.

Ben Arfa is awesome, apart from the leg that was put on backwards and Gosling will be a very useful squad player who scores in big games (see Shola Ameobi).

Yeah I'm pretty happy thanks :) you do seem nervous though which is to be expected.

Rather have a fully fit Ba than a fully fit Carroll tbh. Ba is a better all round player and doesn't force the team to play to his strengths.

This is a wind-up,it has to be.

No, you see, you have to read the whole thing. Not just the bit you put in bold. I know it's hard work but you can do it!

Guest Wearside

Need to see more of BA, i think Carroll dominates defences more though. They have a similar conversion rate really for finishing chances.

Cabaye should provide more to both our attacking/defensive play than Nolan. Creating more chances, though we need to make sure we can finish them. Enter Ben Arfa/Marveaux/hopefullyanotherstriker.  Very good chance we'll be a much better side, depends on the ability of our new players to adapt to the prem.

Ba is not better than Carroll and will not have anywhere near the same impact as Carroll did for you lot.

I agree with Be Arfa though,very good player on his day and will be interesting to see how he takes to this new position of off the striker that most on here are saying he will play next season.

Personally I think you've made a mistake selling Nolan but time will tell I suppose and as always with a large influx of new players will take time to settle in.

Wearside is deluded, the fact that anyone actually debates/argues/talks to him is utterly ridiculous.

Although his post above is probably the first time ever he didn't write something stupid and wrote the obvious instead. (except its not a new position for Ben Arfa to play off the striker since he's done it before at other clubs.)

Guest Wearside

Wearside is deluded, the fact that anyone actually debates/argues/talks to him is utterly ridiculous.

Although his post above is probably the first time ever he didn't write something stupid and wrote the obvious instead. (except its not a new position for Ben Arfa to play off the striker since he's done it before at other clubs.)

I've only ever seen Ben Arfa play as a left winger/midfielder but hey ho I'm sure you will prove me wrong,I can only go on what I've seen.

Respect for that tbf.

O'Shea would be an absolutely fantastic signing and easily our best signing of the summer.

To be honest, this one statement has just shown that you are nothing but a troll as not even a fan from a promoted side facing certain relegation, or Championship middling side, could make that statement.

Awful, awful player.

Guest Wearside

Yeah you don't want a high influx of players, good luck to Gardner, Wickham, Asian striker, Larsson, Brown, O'shea and Gibson though :)

Yes,I've already said this in the past.

It's not realistic just to expect teams to click straight away when they have a high turnover of players.

Guest Wearside

O'Shea would be an absolutely fantastic signing and easily our best signing of the summer.

To be honest, this one statement has just shown that you are nothing but a troll as not even a fan from a promoted side facing certain relegation, or Championship middling side, could make that statement.

Awful, awful player.

32 appearances for the league champions and European finalists last season.

Awful player according to you though.

Awful, awful player.

He's got a Champions League medal too, the hallmark of a guaranteed world class player. O0

Awful, awful player.

He's got a Champions League medal too, the hallmark of a guaranteed world class player. O0

David May tbh :shifty: O0

Guest Wearside

Awful first team player, useful squad player.

I'd take him tbf, could do a Phil Neville role for us...and you.

Aye that Phil Neville who finishes above Sunderland and Newcastle year after year after year after year.

O'Shea would be superb,no question about it.Arsenal sniffing about him now anyway so might not even happen.