Sunderland...

Heron

Guest BooBoo

fraizer campbell out for season with cruciate ligament damage according to caulkin on twitter

Shame.

What's Caulkins background and where's he from? I know he's the North East correspondent but he doesnt half lick round Darren Bent's arse at times.

Guest localhero87

City are living proof that money can't buy you success.

They won't win anything (league, cup, Europa League) this season, I'll stick my neck out and say that.

I think the opposite. Theyve actually proven that money is all you need to be a big club. 4 years ago they had Bernado Corradi and Samaras upfront and Barton was their only decent player as they struggled to stay up.

They WILL win trophies. Lots of them. Its only a matter of time. I would actually stick my neck out and say they WILL win one this season.

They finished 8th a few seasons back, and £250M spent since then has got them to 5th.   I would call that a failure.

:icon_puke_r:

I'd also call it a failure I totally agree, but read back what I said. I said theyve proven all they need is money to be a "big club". Not a successful one. And yes there is a difference.

When Sheikh Mansour took over the mission statement was to make Man City the BIGGEST club in the world. Not the most successful. I know I'm being pedantic but Man City seem to be more preoccupied with trying to field a "hollywood" team full of big names, and being the centre of attention in the transfer market a la Madrid's Galacticos to be bothered with results.

Of course, the results do matter in the long run, but the way people think about Man City has changed dramatically in the past few years. People do think of them as a big club now. They've changed the culture of the club which is the hardest thing, now they just need to get the tactics right. Its a work in progress but watch them get trophies soon.

City are living proof that money can't buy you success.

They won't win anything (league, cup, Europa League) this season, I'll stick my neck out and say that.

I think the opposite. Theyve actually proven that money is all you need to be a big club. 4 years ago they had Bernado Corradi and Samaras upfront and Barton was their only decent player as they struggled to stay up.

They WILL win trophies. Lots of them. Its only a matter of time. I would actually stick my neck out and say they WILL win one this season.

They finished 8th a few seasons back, and £250M spent since then has got them to 5th.   I would call that a failure.

:icon_puke_r:

I'd also call it a failure I totally agree, but read back what I said. I said theyve proven all they need is money to be a "big club". Not a successful one. And yes there is a difference.

When Sheikh Mansour took over the mission statement was to make Man City the BIGGEST club in the world. Not the most successful. I know I'm being pedantic but Man City seem to be more preoccupied with trying to field a "hollywood" team full of big names, and being the centre of attention in the transfer market a la Madrid's Galacticos to be bothered with results.

Of course, the results do matter in the long run, but the way people think about Man City has changed dramatically in the past few years. People do think of them as a big club now. They've changed the culture of the club which is the hardest thing, now they just need to get the tactics right. Its a work in progress but watch them get trophies soon.

Just wait till they get in CL it will go mental across there.

Guest secteur2010

fraizer campbell out for season with cruciate ligament damage according to caulkin on twitter

Shame.

What's Caulkins background and where's he from? I know he's the North East correspondent but he doesnt half lick round Darren Bent's arse at times.

He does lick his (Bent's) and Quinn's arse a bit. He toadies up to a lot of players.

Guest Haris Vuckic

They still think we are going to struggle but have totally forgotten about their own because they beat City.

Their three goals have been 2 penalties & an own goal.

Perfect chance to give them Shola.

Give?

Shola: Boss, where are we?

Hughton: Hang on a minute, we're nearly there.

Shola: Wait a second, this is Sunderland's training grou-....

[Hughton pushes Shola out of the moving car and drives off into the distance]

Hughton: lolololololol

Bruce: What the....?

Shola: Hi boss!

Bruce: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Gyan for £10m+ looks to be the epitome of a panic buy to me. Fair enough he'll strengthen their squad but he's only worth about half that. I've even heard £15m after future fees floating about as a possible price. Madness.

Gyan for £10m+ looks to be the epitome of a panic buy to me. Fair enough he'll strengthen their squad but he's only worth about half that. I've even heard £15m after future fees floating about as a possible price. Madness.

Doesn't really matter to them, they've enough money to pay over the odds for average players.

Doesn't really matter to them, they've enough money to pay over the odds for average players.

Don't think so, they had to sell Jones to bring in Gyan, not sure they've ended up with a better player their either.

Don't think so, they had to sell Jones to bring in Gyan, not sure they've ended up with a better player their either.

They'll keep spending in the same manner they have for some time yet, mistakes and paying over the odds is what they do and what Quinny has sold to the owner, that its part and parcel of the premier league.

It's what we did for some time, lets hope the ending is similar.  :lol:

They haven't spent much at all recently though have they?  Seems to me the owner has decided enough is enough after the crazy spending when he first came in.  Given their revenue they're probably already in the shit.

EDIT: Looking at this summer they've sold players for about £14m-15m and spent about £3m, so if Gyan is £12m they'll have broken even.