Sunderland...

Heron

Went to see what they think of Gyan on there board and its seems there more bothered about how much they spent than what they bought..

"must be driving them f***ing nuts to see us spending that kind of money"

"be a long time before newcastle sign someone for £13m"

Got to love how them making their record signing still comes back to us :lol:

:lol:

I'm insanely jealous that they've paid £13m+ for a player who scored the same amount of goals in open play at the World Cup that Matthew Upson did.

And for just over half that figure, we've managed to vastly improve the standard of our defence and midfield.

Guest Cdn_geordie

Xisco to miss next 3 games for sure

I wonder if this increases our chances of getting another striker in on loan. We do have 2 weeks, don't we?

Guest neesy111

Gyan for £10m+ looks to be the epitome of a panic buy to me. Fair enough he'll strengthen their squad but he's only worth about half that. I've even heard £15m after future fees floating about as a possible price. Madness.

Doesn't really matter to them, they've enough money to pay over the odds for average players.

Don't think so, they had to sell Jones to bring in Gyan, not sure they've ended up with a better player their either.

They'll keep spending in the same manner they have for some time yet, mistakes and paying over the odds is what they do and what Quinny has sold to the owner, that its part and parcel of the premier league.

It's what we did for some time, lets hope the ending is similar.  :lol:

They have broken even on spend this season.  Quinn and Ellis Short have said publicly there isn't any money to spend.

Guest Heneage

Anyone know why Vuckic was excluded from the squad tonight?

Injured, he went off at Accrington last week.

Wrong.

Dino said last night he's playing for Slovenia's Under 21's.

Guest BooBoo

I love how the mackems are playing their reserves tonking down as "it's only the reserves". If they'd won they would be releasing commemorative t shirts down Pennywell Buffs tomorrow.

Guest neesy111

I love how the mackems are playing their reserves tonking down as "it's only the reserves". If they'd won they would be releasing commemorative t shirts down Pennywell Buffs tomorrow.

Is that why 5,000 of them turned up then :lol:

Moaning about us singing songs about victories Sunderland when we we're playing them :lol:  Considering their entire songbook is about us, week in, week out, what a bunch of softcocks.  They only stopped singing "Kevin Phillips in the Rain" when he turned them down for West Brom.

Moaning about us singing songs about victories Sunderland when we we're playing them :lol:  Considering their entire songbook is about us, week in, week out, what a bunch of softcocks.  They only stopped singing "Kevin Phillips in the Rain" when he turned them down for West Brom.

The first song I heard from them outside the ground was 2-1, it lasted all of 30 seconds before we responded with 4-1 and even Chopra scored.  I don't think they sang it again after that.

Just had a quick look on RTG to see what they're saying about Gyan. Why the fuck do they start a new thread for every new comment on a subject?!?!? Theres like 8 Gyan threads on the front page, one is even "when will he score his first goal?".