Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Wearside

Well what a let down that deadline day was.

Happy enough with Bendtner, think he will prove himself now he will be playing every week. Still no left back or left winger though so got a feeling this could be a long season.

Well what a let down that deadline day was.

Happy enough with Bendtner, think he will prove himself now he will be playing every week. Still no left back or left winger though so got a feeling this could be a long season.

you lot should be satisfied imo, you've potentially got the one thing you were sorely lacking.

At the end of the day Sunderland have got two proper strikers and Connor Wickham as back up. When they needed to bring in a goal scorer on the last day they delivered. Wish we could say the same.

What's wrong with Best and Ba?

At the end of the day Sunderland have got two proper strikers and Connor Wickham as back up. When they needed to bring in a goal scorer on the last day they delivered. Wish we could say the same.

What's wrong with Best and Ba?

Nothings wrong with them but should we really still be relying on the like of best/lovelyhands/shola as first team starter. We've had more than enough time to source out a good replacement for carroll and still screw it up, not taking into account we needed another striker when carroll was here

I get the feeling that if Bendtner is made to feel like the main man, and gets plenty of chances, he'll do the business this season. Don't think he'll carry them like Bent did but still, a good signing nonetheless.

They also needed a left back and a winger and didn't get those.

I wouldn't really call Bendtner a goal scorer either. He's f***ing useless.

Problem was during this window no strikers who were really wanted by their clubs moved. Possibly Ruiz but he went small league to big league.

There were plenty of discards to be had Crouch, Yakabu, Bellamy, Bendtner etc.

Christ they only moved for Bendtner because Crouch turned them down again - he must have been absolutely desperate.

Would have been quite happy with Bendtner.  He wasn't exactly what we needed but was far than than what we got.

You're deluded if you think Bendtner is better than Best and Ba. I think I could make an argument for Ameobi too.

Would have been quite happy with Bendtner.  He wasn't exactly what we needed but was far than than what we got.

You're deluded if you think Bendtner is better than Best and Ba. I think I could make an argument for Ameobi too.

No was Shola, Ba yeah,,Best if his record in the prem isn't a fluke but really Bendtner would have improved us.

Would have been quite happy with Bendtner.  He wasn't exactly what we needed but was far than than what we got.

Deluded is a tad harsh?

Will be fun to see how he does. Seems to be rated quite highly by some, not at all by others. As I've said before, I think he'll prove to be very average.

That was more down to Sunderland's cock eyed spending policy. They threw enough money at it, just signed the wrong players. We on the other hand bought quite well, just failed to make the all important signing that would have transformed our window. For the person who asked what's wrong with Best and Ba, nothing other than Best is a fairly agricultural footballer. It's the alternative to Ben Arfa we needed. I've seen little evidence that Best and Ba will work together so far.

Deluded is a tad harsh?

Will be fun to see how he does. Seems to be rated quite highly by some, not at all by others. As I've said before, I think he'll prove to be very average.

I quite like Bendtner but he has been so far away from a place, even in a faltering Arsenal team, that he must be way off the mark.

Smacks of panic after even Crouch turned them down. We've already got players as good (and considerably cheaper and we own them) and Ba is much better.

Mackems will take to him for a game or two like he's the new saviour before turning against him big time when he hits a bad patch.

That was more down to Sunderland's cock eyed spending policy. They threw enough money at it, just signed the wrong players. We on the other hand bought quite well, just failed to make the all important signing that would have transformed our window. For the person who asked what's wrong with Best and Ba, nothing other than Best is a fairly agricultural footballer. It's the alternative to Ben Arfa we needed. I've seen little evidence that Best and Ba will work together so far.

Yep, either way Sunderland aren't the club to look to when it comes to delivering the needed transfers.  I would have taken Bendter of course, though I wouldn't have been happy with him, just a bit happier than nobody.