Sunderland...

Heron

When you start looking at it per minutes played and start taking away his obscene number of penalties Bent isn't even that good. He's a 10-15 goal a season player with the other aspects of his game being that of a pub footballer.

You have to build your entire team around Darren Bent to make it worth having him. It's not worth the effort or expense. Spurs have never looked back since they got rid of him.

Guest Heneage

Bent contributes nothing outside of his goals. Bendtner's already got a few assists for Sunderland on top of his 2 goals (I'm assuming the Stoke one was given to him).

If they do actually keep Bendtner they'll do well. As some have so rightly said their midfield is so bereft of creativity, that's why 'Sess' is so vital for them he really is the only player with a spark and the potential to create. If I was a Sunderland fan that would concern me to be honest. The majority of their midfield has only recently joined (Vaughan, Gardener, ElMohammady) so are unlikely to be moved on.

They all seem very standard, ok technically but none of them will split a defence or get to the byline for a cross. If they still had Bent I think they'd be in trouble, so many of his goals were rebounds or based on mistakes.

Guest Heneage

The self confessed best striker in the world is on loan at a team 4 points off the drop because he can't get near a first team place for the weakest Arsenal side in 15 years.

The weakest team that also has Van Persie in the best form of his career? Bendtner is far from the finished article, but as some of the journalists here have finally realized, you just need to watch him for Denmark to see how talented he is.

bendtner seems a decent enough player to me- never good eough to be the lead striker in a side. also suffers from an exagerated opinion of his own abilities, not a quality that brings the best out of a player.

Guest Roger Kint

Bendtner.

not thiers tbf

and hes rediculously s***.. should be banging them in at Sunderland if he was any good

A midfield of Elmohammady, Cattermole, Vaughan and Larsson is the peak of creativity.

Didnt stop Darren Bent banging the goals in for them.

Half of that midfield must have been knackered playing for relegated clubs AND sunderland last season when Bent was there........

The self confessed best striker in the world is on loan at a team 4 points off the drop because he can't get near a first team place for the weakest Arsenal side in 15 years.

The weakest team that also has Van Persie in the best form of his career? Bendtner is far from the finished article, but as some of the journalists here have finally realized, you just need to watch him for Denmark to see how talented he is.

By this logic Man Utd should have sent Hernandez out on loan and Peter Crouch is one of the best strikers in the world.

Bendtner is a better footballer than Bent.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

...I'm well biased in hating him because he's both Danish and playing for Sunderland, though. But still.

What's wrong with being Danish? I get that your Norwegian and all, but I'm Danish and I don't hate Norwegians.

...but again, maybe that's because we always beat you  :troll:

Bendtner is probably the better footballer techincally, but Bent is the better striker.

Pretty much agree with this. Bent is a no doubt good at what does, ie. goalscoring (though his form has dipped a bit) but he's actually quite a limited footballer.

Bendtner.

not thiers tbf

Bruce's policy of making loan players key parts of his side, really shows how small they are.

No way can a club move forward with such short term thinking.

Loans are to fill emergency gaps, not to pin your hopes on.

This season: Darren Bent 3 goals in 9 PL games (9 starts) (1 assist). Bendtner 2 goals in 7 PL games (6 starts, the sub appearance was for Arsenal) (3 assists).

Dazza runs away with it. No debate.

To be fair to Bent, he was playing with an injury for a few games iirc.

and he has McLeish a horrendous manager when it comes to attacking play

Guest bimpy474

This season: Darren Bent 3 goals in 9 PL games (9 starts) (1 assist). Bendtner 2 goals in 7 PL games (6 starts, the sub appearance was for Arsenal) (3 assists).

Indeed, i'm still trying to work what he is actually trying to get his teams to do when they go forward.

:nods:

bendtner seems a decent enough player to me- never good eough to be the lead striker in a side. also suffers from an exagerated opinion of his own abilities, not a quality that brings the best out of a player.

I remember listening to the Tuesday club and they were talking about the psychology expert Wenger gets in to test his players. Bendtner has the highest self confidence rating of anyone he's ever recorded in something like 30 years  :lol:

I remember listening to the Tuesday club and they were talking about the psychology expert Wenger gets in to test his players. Bendtner has the highest self confidence rating of anyone he's ever recorded in something like 30 years  :lol:

:lol:  can see it a mile off.

edit- makes sense now- loan him out to a shit place to try and bring him down a bit, before taking him back.

edit- makes sense now- loan him out to a shit place to try and bring him down a bit, before taking him back.

much to the relief/delight of the Arsenal fans he's said he never wants to go back

I read an interview in a Danish paper with the expert. He told that whenever Bendtner miss a chance or a pass he genuinely believe that it's not his own fault  :idiot2:.

I read an interview in a Danish paper with the expert. He told that whenever Bendtner miss a chance or a pass he genuinely believe that it's not his own fault  :idiot2:.

:lol:

"One of the categories is called 'self perceived competence,' i.e. how good the player himself thinks he is,'' Crevoisier told Swedish magazine Offside. ''On a scale up to 9, Bendtner got 10! We have never seen that before. Pat Rice [Arsenal's assistant manager] was sitting next to me and couldn't stop laughing.

"When Bendtner misses a chance, he is always genuinely convinced that it wasn't his fault. You might say that's a problem, and to a certain degree it can be. But you can also view it as this guy has a remarkable ability to come back after set-backs."

edit- makes sense now- loan him out to a s*** place to try and bring him down a bit, before taking him back.

much to the relief/delight of the Arsenal fans he's said he never wants to go back

He's too good for them. Nailed on for a move to City in July...