Sunderland...

Heron

us not getting beaten definitely stems on keeping Bent tightly marked and Perch vs. Malbranque.  For us I'd love to see Jonas go at Bardsley quite a bit as I don't rate him that highly, plus he's prone to committing the odd stupid foul, and Jonas has an ability to win rather dubious free kicks.

wont simpson be back for this?

he

ight be, but that doesn't mean Hughton is definitely going to drop Perch.

id have thought it is pretty nailed on Perch will be dropped the moment Simpson is ready to play.

That's the way it should be done.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If the Atmosphere isn't electric this game, then, well, I don't know what. Crowd have been pretty crap last few seasons - I know there isn't much to cheer about, but, ho'way.

Guest Stephen927

If the Atmosphere isn't electric this game, then, well, I don't know what. Crowd have been pretty crap last few seasons - I know there isn't much to cheer about, but, ho'way.

Geordie Santa.

Sold out yet?

The game won't sell out imo.  Too many people have burnt bridges with the club now.

I think it will , week and a half of ticket sales and the map on the website is showing most places sold out or near sold out. Tickets only went on sale at the box office today too.

Blaydon Races being blasted out from SJP today. That fat bloke warming up I would imagine?!

I hope not, he really does nothing for my pre-match build up!!!

He's mint man. Gives me goosebumps.

Plus, he enjoys winding up the mackems during his performance  :aww:

Blaydon Races being blasted out from SJP today. That fat bloke warming up I would imagine?!

I he's a laugh like but it's so slow, almost painful. On a slightly different note does anyone know why they've been cutting out of local hero and playing some repetitive gash for a minute then cutting back in at the end of local hero, it sort of kills off all the excitement and build up where I am :/

I he's a laugh like but it's so slow, almost painful. On a slightly different note does anyone know why they've been cutting out of local hero and playing some repetitive gash for a minute then cutting back in at the end of local hero, it sort of kills off all the excitement and build up where I am :/

That's the premier leagues official tune or something like that which has to be played before the game.

:lol:

It should be electric. But I can see it going sour pretty quickly.

:sadnod:

All it takes these days is for one miss placed pass and everyone is groaning and getting on player's backs.

horrendous isnt it, i sat in the east stand for the wigan game and i could barely believe the attitudes of most people. i'm the first to admit i rarely sing but i try my best to only offer shouts of encouragement and save my frustrated cries for one or two a game.

This really is a finely balanced game at the moment. I suspect people are saying the key is to "keep Bent quiet" but this is the thing, Bent IS often quiet, and takes advantage of goalmouth scrambles, or a single lapse in defensive concentration. I think even more key will be how you deal with Henderson. He has grown to be a regular in their starting lineup and is going to be England quality sooner or later. If it is just a straight battle between Enrique and Henderson then it shouldn't be too bad but I think Bruce will recognise Enrique's quality and ask Henderson to drift inside - will you be able to deal with him centrally?

I don't think Perch will struggle against Malbranque because the latter likes to drift inwards most of the time. In fact, I don't rate Malbranque much currently so I don't think that position will be your biggest concern.

This really is a finely balanced game at the moment. I suspect people are saying the key is to "keep Bent quiet" but this is the thing, Bent IS often quiet, and takes advantage of goalmouth scrambles, or a single lapse in defensive concentration. I think even more key will be how you deal with Henderson. He has grown to be a regular in their starting lineup and is going to be England quality sooner or later. If it is just a straight battle between Enrique and Henderson then it shouldn't be too bad but I think Bruce will recognise Enrique's quality and ask Henderson to drift inside - will you be able to deal with him centrally?

I don't think Perch will struggle against Malbranque because the latter likes to drift inwards most of the time. In fact, I don't rate Malbranque much currently so I don't think that position will be your biggest concern.

If Henderson moves inside to avoid Enrique then he's up against Coloccini, I think we'll do OK as long as we're up for it and I think we will be.