Shola's velvet touch

TRon

I am a massive fan of Shola and Zlatan, but surely he is more comparible to Eto'o...especially his finishing, and goals-game ratio...his goal against Sheff Wed at home prime example

that is a better unrealistic comparison  :celb:

Absolutely no doubting for me whatsoever - and there never has - that the lad just has quality infront of goal. He can't do much else (bar the occassional nice touch like tonight), but give him the ball infront of goal, and i'll back him to score every single time. He's just a finisher. And we've learnt with the likes of Harewood and Loven this season - give finishers a yard of space to turn in this division, and they'll punish you. And Shola's better at sticking it away than either of them two.

Tragic he hasn't been fit for the whole season but we've got away with it with some quality efforts from the rest of the strikers.

Guest optimistic nit

sorry best play he did was the goal v chelsea when we won 2-1, completely turned JT inside out

was that the same game when Desailly made a 33-34 year old Shearer look like Maradonna? :lol: if so that game was riddiculous for two of the best defenders that have played in the league getting absolutely skinned by two of the most lethargic (Shearer's mobility by that point was nil).

Guest sittingontheball

sorry best play he did was the goal v chelsea when we won 2-1, completely turned JT inside out

Another memorable one was that turn and shot from the edge of the box against ManUre.

The languid way he plays, you never know whether he's carrying an injury. The reports suggest he has been on a few occasions in recent seasons.

Shola set us on our way this season, so it was nice for him to come back and give us a little reminder. Great goal, and good to see him taking it on instead of playing for a foul. He does that too often for my liking.

Great goal last night,never thought it was Carolls night, still wondering if the EPL is one step to far for the lad.

Nah, he is still learning his trade man, the lad has made some big strides this season.  lets not judge him yet.

Great goal last night,never thought it was Carolls night, still wondering if the EPL is one step to far for the lad.

Nah, he is still learning his trade man, the lad has made some big strides this season.  lets not judge him yet.

aye, that ameobi's got some potential  :pow:

good finish, good back heel, would be nice to see him injury free for a while like

Shola does this all of the time. Give him a couple of more games and everyone will be on his back again. Also it shows how much we need to strengthen up top as I still think he's our best finisher.

Shola does this all of the time. Give him a couple of more games and everyone will be on his back again. Also it shows how much we need to strengthen up top as I still think he's our best finisher.

I know this, but I get annoyed when people don't offer constructive criticism and spout what seems to be unjustified bollocks for god knows what reason. Shola can be feckless, he lacks desire and he's injury prone. But he does have good feet and the finishing ability isn't a fluke. He's scored some belters this season and it just shows there IS ability there even if other things are missing.

His goal felt like it was slow-motion. I remember thinking "Aww fuck man Shola...wait...wait...it's going to creep into the bottom cornYEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" :lol:

Everything he touches turns to goals! It's madness for a player with such a poor touch.